January 6, 2021
St. André Bessette
Darkest Before the Dawn
But at once he spoke with them, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid!”
Mark 6:50

We can imagine how the disciples felt. The wind in those predawn hours was challenging even the experienced seamen, and now, to make things even worse, a ghost appeared to be advancing toward them! Where was Jesus when they most needed him and his protection?

It can be hard for us, too, to see him when we most need him. It’s easy to feel alone and abandoned when we lose a loved one or get a frightening medical diagnosis or miss out on a promotion or trip that we so wanted. But truly, we are never alone, as dark as things seem. When we believe in the Light, regardless of how dim it looks to us in our fear, our eyes will be opened wider, and we will be consoled.

Brother Jesus, reveal your presence to me.

- Melanie Rigney

1 John 4:11-18 • Psalm 72:1-2, 10, 12-13 Mark 6:45-52

Comments

Thomas O'Neill Respond to comment
January 9, 2021 at 10:52 AM

Psalm 72; A Prayer for the King, it is a timely petition, during the administrative transition of executive power, from Mr. Trump to Mr. Biden. I hope, that Mr. Biden & Mrs. Harris review the Books of Psalms, Proverbs and Wisdom.

January 6, 2021 at 08:03 PM

LFF, I just went back and read all of your heart felt comments, know I care deeply for all of you. You make me feel better already. Today was a much better day for sure, gaining my strength back and will go for a walk outside tomorrow, even it is cold. Want to be get moving, so I can remain here for a long time. Amen to all.

January 6, 2021 at 07:25 PM

Melanie, thank you for your devotion. * Today I just want to say, prayers for our United States of America, may we all come together in unity and love one another As God wants us to do. God Bless our living Faith Family and prayers for all.

Gayle
January 6, 2021 at 10:15 PM

Father, may they be one as We are one.

January 6, 2021 at 02:59 PM

I love substituation math...And I love Jesus Who is my substitution!!! ***God is love*** ***So 1 John 4:16b, "whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him!" becomes...whoever remains in God remains in love and love in him :-)*** ***Why do we fear? 1 John 4:18, "There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love!"*** *** So what do I fear? The unknown? Things don't go my way? Bad news? Accidents? Fake News? Chaos? Divisions? Just turn on the TV...look at the Capital and hospitals today...there is plenty to be fearful...but God!!! In God, there is no unknown, it is alway His way, only Good News (even bad news especially the crucifixion of Jesus), all accidents, fake news, chaos, divisions are working with God's plan! Do I believe that and respond accordingly? Perfect love can only come from God, the One and Only:the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit! But when I'm looking for love in all the wrong places: person, finance, possessions, government etc, fear will be there waiting for me because I WILL lose person, finance, possessions, government etc :-(*** *Why is this happening in our country? Mark 6:52, "They had not understood the incident of the....... On the contrary, their hearts were hardened!" Does it apply to today's incident and our hearts today? 2021 is the year of Repentance! Lord, thank You for my new heart and new spirit! Ezekiel 36:26, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. *I Will Fear No More by The Afters https://youtu.be/wMmmbJlWhtk *Confidence by Sactus Real https://youtu.be/KA9kSBv1QrI :-):-):-)

January 6, 2021 at 12:42 PM

About an hour ago we received the great news of the birth of our grandson. Thank you all for your prayers. Pat and Marian

Tillie
January 6, 2021 at 07:20 PM

Patrick, congratulations on the birth of yours and Marian's grandson. I just had time to post, but I did pray for your daughter this morning that she would have a smooth, safe and successful delivery of her first child. God Bless your grandson, your daughter, Marian and you.

Joe B
January 6, 2021 at 02:54 PM

What a coincidence! My sister just notified us that she is now a great-grandmother! Praise the Lord!!

January 6, 2021 at 10:54 AM

Lord, teach me to accept and feel your love, your presence and teach me to love like you...so that I may not be afraid in the storms. My prayers for Patrick's daughter and grandchild and continued prayers for all Living Faith family. Have a blessed day.

January 6, 2021 at 10:32 AM

January 6, 2021 at 08:41 AM

Love one another always and God will remain in us. God is Love. Believe in the Love. Have no fear, but only love. Jesus says to us, take courage for it is I, do not be afraid. When our lives are in the middle of storms, believe in the Love of God. Know that he is right there, no matter how difficult the storm. Begin my saying the prayer he left us with, Our Father... Dear Jesus, please hear our prayers today for our Living Faith Family, those who have no one to pray for them and for all of the souls in Purgatory, that they may be reunited with God in paradise. Amen

January 6, 2021 at 08:32 AM

January 6, 2021 at 08:09 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen Holy Mother Mary, angels and saints, please pray intercessory prayer to our Holy Father on behalf of our country today for his blessing and for victory In Jesus's name. Amen

Margaret Robertson Respond to comment
January 6, 2021 at 07:50 AM

Prayers for your daughter and her baby. This is such a difficult time in so many ways. God is always there and Mary, his mother.

January 6, 2021 at 07:44 AM

Prayers for your daughter Patrick and the arrival of your new grandchild. Blessings.

January 6, 2021 at 06:34 AM

Hello Melanie this is a scripture I have leaned on my occasions of challenge. Our youngest daughter went into hospital yesterday to deliver her first child. With Covid 19 restrictions visitors are not allowed and her last 24 hours have been sleep deprived and painful. I ask you to pray that she realises she is not alone, as difficult as things seem . Strengthen and guide her and the medical staff. All will be well. Thank you

Joann
January 6, 2021 at 08:39 AM

Prayers for your daughter and baby

Tim
January 6, 2021 at 08:35 AM

Patrick, our prayers will be with you, your daughter and new grand child. Amen

January 6, 2021 at 08:26 AM

Patrick I will pray for your daughter at Mass this morning. I know the feeling of not being able to be with her in the hospital. Last may we had to wait in the parking lot for my youngest daughter Heather To be released then we could see her and the baby Hendrix . I am leaving early now for quiet time.. Praying for the living faith family. Ken

ANNETTE
January 6, 2021 at 07:42 AM

Prayers for Melanie.

January 6, 2021 at 06:13 AM

MeLanie - amen ! thank you you are absolutely right on . Gods light an love are always with us no matter how dark or low we may feel or be experiencing. Thank you for shining your light with us today . Prayers for all LFF . Peace . Michael

Melanie Rigney
January 6, 2021 at 12:28 PM

Thanks so much! As always, I am praying for the LF family and appreciate your kind words. God is always there, perhaps never more so than when the evil one whispers that we have been abandoned. Peace, Melanie