December 24, 2020
Late Advent Weekday
He Remains With Us
In the tender compassion of our God
the dawn from on high shall break upon us,
to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death,
and to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Luke 1:78-79

The Canticle of Zechariah calls our attention to God’s direct intervention in our lives. Tenderly, God comes to us. Compassionately, God embraces us. We have waited through the long weeks of Advent with great expectation and have prepared ourselves to rejoice in the greatest intervention—the coming of Christ, the Light of the World. Zechariah’s voice bursts with poetic praise and gratitude. He reminds us of our own role in proclaiming the Good News to the world. We may walk in darkness, but we are never alone. As the shadow of death surrounds us, we need not be afraid or lose hope. Christmas Day is once a year, but our Lord remains with us, guiding us toward peace in everything we do.

- Deborah Meister

2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16 • Psalm 89:2-5, 27, 29 • Luke 1:67-79

Comments

December 24, 2020 at 07:35 PM

Deborah, thank you for your devotion. * "God’s direct intervention in our lives, He comes to us Tenderly, Compassionately, Patiently and He embraces us" even with our faults. Although as Deborah wrote: "The greatest intervention is the coming of Christ, the Light of the World". He Remains With Us always. May we keep strong in our faith. * Merry Christmas Eve Living Faith Family! ***** Sorry for the very late comment but I've been having problems submitting my comments. The I'm not a robot isn't working. I've had to keep trying several times.

December 24, 2020 at 06:28 PM

I am truly sorry that I didn't get to join the Zoom meeting with the Living Faith Family! * God has been keeping me busy lately. I was doing handyman or shall I say "handywoman" work yesterday and when I realized what time it was, it was 12:30 pm PST my time, in California and is 3 hours behind Salina's time, EST . It sounds like everyone had a great time meeting and talking to each other. I'm happy for those who got to Zoomba (LOL) If times don't conflict, hopefully I'll be able to join next time. God Bless you!

December 24, 2020 at 09:03 PM

Tillie although you didn't join us I feel like I know you and you are a inspiration to our group. Praying for you right now Ken

December 24, 2020 at 04:40 PM

As we reach the final day of preparation for His coming, I wish you all a beautiful and prayer filled Christmas day. May the blessings of the holiday season be with each and everyone. Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus!

December 24, 2020 at 01:33 PM

Annette, I think we all pray for a peaceful passing, but what joy to experience the answered prayers of your Dad Joe. God has truly rested his soul - and yours. Joe B. please know I have Melanie and her twins tucked in my prayers. I can’t imagine the stress she’s shouldering right now. God Bless her. Rose, what a hope filled Christmas y’all have to look forward to! Prayers for your grandmother and your family. I absolutely loved putting prayers and faces together yesterday on our Zoom Meeting! Tillie! Thank you for being the catalyst to this amazing connection! Salina and Tim, y’all are the Dynamic Duo! And what a real treat to “meet” you Pat! How blessed we all are to have the ability to connect through Living Faith! “Mary” Christmas and God Bless us ALL, and ALL Who We Love!

December 24, 2020 at 12:10 PM

After nine months, Zechariah's tongue is free to proclaim and prophesy the Good News because he is filled with the Holy Spirit! Your speech is very different when you are filled with the Holy Spirit :-) ***Both readings proclaim what God has promised, what He has done, and what He will do to fulfill His promises!!! It isn't about what David wanted to do and build a temple for God. It isn't about Zechariah's unbelief nine months before and his praises after nine months. It is ALL about God, Who promises, Who does and Who fulfills! Here is His promise prophesied 600 years before Jesus was born in Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him Immanuel (meaning God with us)." *** Oh What a Glorious Night by Sidewalk Prophets (Linus tells Charlie Brown about the true meaning of Christmas) https://youtu.be/U1F9QuQ55JY ***

December 24, 2020 at 11:41 AM

December 24, 2020 at 11:31 AM

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON...MAY OUR DEAR LORD AND SAVIOR CONTINUE TO BLESS US EVERYONE. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE LOVE FROM SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA JANET

December 24, 2020 at 03:22 PM

Amen :-)

December 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, LF Family. May God protect you and bless you and your loved ones.

December 24, 2020 at 10:50 AM

Praise God for your God’s Angel Gathering yesterday. I, too, am sad I had to miss it. It sounds like those participating laid a sound foundation for continued gatherings. Thank you. Even though I do not respond or comment often, I do read the comments and requests. I am encouraged by the intimate relationships through words and prayers. Thank you Lord For the gift of Son we celebrate today. His birthday is remembered and revered for ages! Thanks to all you, you are in my prayers. Blessed Christmas to you and your families.

December 24, 2020 at 10:46 AM

Amen! Blessed Christmas wishes to everyone!

December 24, 2020 at 10:39 AM

Please pray that my daughter Melanie, who lives in Houston, may get a job soon. Also prayers for her two 14 year old twin daughters to surmount their online class problems.

December 24, 2020 at 09:45 AM

Praise God for Salina and Tim who organized and for all of you for the wonderful Zoom meeting yesterday. So much pleasure to meet you all and be with my LF friends. Im very thankful and grateful. You are all God’s treasures and as Tim said “Angels”. May God Bless you! Merry Christmas Eve

December 24, 2020 at 09:43 AM

I am so happy to hear that the Zoom meeting was a success and feel more sorrow that I had to miss it. I look forward to the next one. As Tim says we are among angels here, sharing , praying and caring for one another. I will keep my prayers going and I wish everyone a beautiful and blessed Christmas! Sandy

December 24, 2020 at 08:36 AM

“Filled with the Holy Spirit” What a blessing from God to be filed with the Holy Spirit. In today’s Gospel we here Zechariah, proclaim the Good news of the Lord. He tells them and us that his son, John The Baptist has come to prepare the way for the promised Messiah. He has come to offer us a way to turn from our sinful past and begin a new through repentance. Have we made our commitment to our God this advent Season, to come from darkness to the light and share this light with others, so they too may bask in the light. Time is at hand, our Savior Jesus Christ is coming. Pray that the Holy Spirit may come into our lives and fill us with the Spirit needed in our lives to proclaim that Jesus has come, he is the Savior of the world, blessed are we who believe. Amen. Merry Christmas everyone.

December 24, 2020 at 08:21 AM

What a true blessing it was to meet some of the Living Faith Family yesterday, as we prayed together, sang together and shared a lot of laughs together, in getting to know each other a little bit better. After our visit, it occurred to me, I was just visited by all of these angels sent by God. I truly feel you are all angels in my life, who are always there for me, us when we need each other the most. All of your strong faith in our loving God came through loud and clear. I thank our God for all of you in my life, I am the blessed one. I hope we can continue to be united together in Christ as we continue on our journey of faith together. Thank you to the Living Faith organization for all of your support, allowing us such a beautiful platform to come and fellowship together every day. Dear Jesus, please hear my prayers today for all of the ones who have no one to pray for them, for the souls in Purgatory, for Rose’s grandmother’s recovery, for Annette and her family, for her Dad’s soul, and for these special Living Faith Angels in my life. In Jesus name we pray, Amen. Merry Christmas to all of you!

December 24, 2020 at 10:44 AM

We are truly blessed to have a family born in the Holy Spirit as we zoomed yesterday :-) Thank you for the platform of Living Faith Daily Catholic Devotions allowing us to study the Word, to connect in the Word and to encourage one another in the Word!!! I pray to see ya'll (whosoever) next time on Zoom :-) Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!

Living Faith Team
December 24, 2020 at 08:41 AM

I echo this! Lovely to meet you on Zoom yesterday, friends in the family of God. May we all know the joy of Christ this Christmas, wherever we are, near or far. – Pat Gohn

December 24, 2020 at 07:58 AM

Merry Christmas.

December 24, 2020 at 07:41 AM

Thank you to all the Living Faith Family who have kept my father Joe and the Care Center in your prayers. It is with sadness, and great joy that my Dad went to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon. I was able to be by his side the last two days it was a great comfort to not only him, but me. He always told me that he prayed for a peaceful death and God delivered. It was the most beautiful experience I have ever witnessed to peacefully see him pass before my eyes. God is good. Please pray for the repose of his soul and all those in heaven. I am sure he is happy to have joined Mom to celebrate Christmas once again , and that they are all looking down on us today. God bless and thank you for your support.

Tillie
December 24, 2020 at 05:38 PM

Annette, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Although it is very sorrowful loosing you Dad Joe, but at the same time full of joy and happiness because your Dad has now joined our Lord and your Mom in heaven. and like you said he is now happy to celebrate Christmas with your Mom once again. Another wonderful thing is that you were able to be by his side the last two days until his last breath, many people are dying alone without their family due to the pandemic. God was good to you. God Bless you, you are in my prayers.

Bill L
December 24, 2020 at 04:34 PM

Continued prayers for you and your family, Annette. Rose, you and your grandma are with me, too.

December 24, 2020 at 10:37 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, Annette :-( I praise God for your experience with your Dad's peaceful passing!!! May the Holy Spirit be with you and your family as you celebrate the home coming of your Dad and the Good News of the Christmas season :-)

December 24, 2020 at 08:28 AM

Annette I am happy that you were there when Joe went to be with the Lord. Your strong faith knows that his wife and bestfriend has made a place for him. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers this morning Rose I will also include you and your grandpa in my prayers. Christmas is a great and joyous time. Please pray for the people who have lost someone and do not feel joyful. Praying for the souls in purgatory and the essential workers and their families Ken

Joann
December 24, 2020 at 08:18 AM

Annette Sorry for your loss Prayers for you and your family.

Sandy
December 24, 2020 at 08:10 AM

Dear Annette and family, praise God from whom all good things flow! Peace now for all of you and of course prayers. I have heard from quite a few people that have been lucky enough to be with loved ones that the experience is absolutely wonderful and they have been grateful to have been support for that person. Thank you for your witness of that beautiful and private moment! Merry Christmas!

Tim
December 24, 2020 at 08:05 AM

Annette, please know you, your family and your dad’s soul are in our prayers. From your description of how he wanted to pass from this life to the next, and that you had the privileged to be by his side every team of the way, speaks volumes of your beautiful relationship you both must have shared in your life. May our loving, compassion God, not only tend to your father’s soul, but also offer his reassurance that he has prepared a loving place for your dad in his heavenly kingdom. Amen

December 24, 2020 at 04:33 AM

Thank you everyone for all the prayers. She came through surgery we don't know how successful it was at the moment. I promise to keep you all updated. Just keep her in your prayers still as she is having quite a bit of pain as To be expected. This was a great reminder that the Lord or God is with us always. Stay safe this Christmas.

Barbara
December 25, 2020 at 02:52 AM

Have a Blessed Christmas, everyone!! I was depressed when I logged on, but your words have lifted up my spirits for which I thank you and my Lord for his guidance to this website. Prayers for the living faith family!!

Tillie
December 24, 2020 at 05:59 PM

Rose, continued prayers for your grandmother, I'm still praying that her surgery will be successful and that all her cancer will be removed. I pray that God will give her the strength to recover quickly. God Bless you!

December 24, 2020 at 08:35 AM

Rose I meant to type your grandma. Sorry typing on my phone is challenging. Living faith family I enjoy the zoom meeting. Tim I am praying for you at Mass this morning and I will keep your in my thoughts. Ken

Tim
December 24, 2020 at 08:06 AM

Rose, this is great news, blessed be our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

ANNETTE
December 24, 2020 at 07:41 AM

Praise the Lord! So happy to hear the good news. Continued prayers.

MA
December 24, 2020 at 06:48 AM

Wonderful news! Continue prayers for your Grandma and family. Please take care.