December 3, 2020
St. Francis Xavier
Rock Solid
The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock.
Matthew 7:25

Whether we are building from scratch or working on a remodel in our lives, it is essential to focus on the foundation. Even if construction occurs in a perfect climate, our structure has to be able to withstand seasons of inclement weather.

Storms come. They might come as a diagnosis, a divorce, a betrayal, the loss of a loved one, grief, financial strain, a global pandemic, an accident or a season of loneliness or depression. If our foundation is solid, our structure will endure. Even if we need to make some repairs when the sun starts to come out, we can trust that what is beneath us can support and protect us no matter what blows our way.

Building anything is a big investment, a lofty vision and the manifestation of a dream. Where we choose to dwell, the life we make with the people we love, requires and deserves to be set solidly on rock.

That rock is our faith.

- Kristin Armstrong

Isaiah 26:1-6 • Psalm 118:1, 8-9, 19-21, 25-27 • Matthew 7:21, 24-27

Comments

December 4, 2020 at 12:04 AM

Amen!!!

December 3, 2020 at 05:10 PM

Amen

December 3, 2020 at 03:18 PM

What a beautiful devotion, thank you Kristin. * This is the heart of it: Our lives must be founded on Jesus, the Rock-Foundation; if we are rooted in God, then we can withstand anything, because we are linked to the most powerful and almighty Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. You will be blessed at the deepest place, and nothing can finally touch you, otherwise we will collapse under the stress of the storms of life (Mt 7:26-27). We will find our lives unshakable on Christ by hearing and obeying His words (Mt 7:24). God Bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers for all.

December 3, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Here is the date, time and schedule of our Living Faith Pre-Christmas Party on Zoom Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 Time: 1:00pm-1:40pm EST (please determine your local time) Schedule 1. 00-02 min Opening Prayer 2. 02-12 min Introduce Yourself: Name, location and outside air temperature 3. 12-22 min Ice Breaker: Would you rather? 4. 22-37 min Sharing: What's God doing this week in your life? 5. Post on Chat Your Prayer Requests 6. Post on Chat Your One Question You Want to Ask God 7. 37-40 min Closing prayer in a song *******If the above schedule works for you to join us on Zoom, please email me at syhsmith@comcast.net and I will forward you the Zoom details :-)

December 3, 2020 at 09:51 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen

December 3, 2020 at 09:12 AM

God is my eternal rock. As Isaiah mentions in his message to us, Trust In The Lord. For those who want to boast in life, our God will bring them down to earth. Take refuge in the Lord our God. Today's Gospel, Rock or the World, it is totally your choice. Jesus is letting us know that the Rock (Him) is the better choice, because there will be storms in our life and celebrations. The Lord is my Eternal Rock and upon it I shall build my life. I might stumble from time to time, but with Jesus as my Eternal Rock, I shall be saved, for Jesus forgives my many sins and shows me his mercy. God is my Eternal Rock Of Salvation. Which type of foundation are you going to choose. Continued prayers for all of our Living Faith Family and for all of the souls in Purgatory this day that they may be reunited with your Savior Jesus Christ their Eternal Life. Please pray for all those who have no one to pray for them and are all alone. We pray in Jesus's name, Amen.

December 3, 2020 at 09:03 AM

December 3, 2020 at 08:57 AM

Today’s Gospel reading reminds me of the three little pigs with the big bad wolf story :-) So what does the little pig who built his house with bricks look like? It looks like *** Isaiah 26: 4, 1, “Trust in the LORD forever! For the LORD is an eternal Rock... A strong city have we; He sets up walls and ramparts to protect us.” *** Psalm 118:26, “ Blessed is he who comes in the Name of the LORD. We bless you from the house of the LORD.” *** Matthew 21:24, “Everyone who listens to these Words of Mine (Jesus) and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.” So to summarize: trust Lord, bless others and listen/act! You see...faith always follows by actions...I did not say actions precede faith! There are plenty of philanthropists who are not of the faith. Faith is not the result of actions, but actions are the results of faith! Why the importance of the distinction? Because my action is the grateful response to the gifts of faith and grace God freely gives because Jesus has already paid the full price of redeeming us :-))) You can read James 2:14-22 for the relationship between faith and works! “I give thanks to the LORD, for You are good, for Your mercy endures forever. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. I will give thanks to You, for You have answered me and have been my Savior!” Amen! (Psalm 118:1, 8, 21)

Tim
December 3, 2020 at 09:18 AM

Salina, WOW very powerful and so true. Thank you. Amen

Alyssa Peacock Respond to comment
December 3, 2020 at 08:17 AM

Good stuff...Amen

December 3, 2020 at 08:08 AM

December 3, 2020 at 07:06 AM

December 2, 2020 at 09:07 PM This is my email address: syhsmith@comcast.net. Send me an email and let me know your name and that you are interested in a pre-Christmas lunch chat on Zoom, so you don’t have to publish your email address here. I want to make sure we protect our privacy, limited privacy because I will know your email address. And I will bcc all participants with the details of the chat on Zoom as soon as Tim gives me a date! So no one else will have your email address except me and Pat, the editor of this Website. So please DO NOT publish your email address on this public site! I do not want any actors/actresses to take advantage of it and risk your privacy!!! God bless you :-

Tim
December 3, 2020 at 09:01 AM

Salina, thank you so much and I will look at a date that might work for everyone, I hope and I will send you the email today. Amen

Lia
December 3, 2020 at 08:02 AM

Amen! Great reflection! Thank you Salina! God Bless You too! :)

December 3, 2020 at 05:35 AM