November 13, 2020
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini
‘God Is Interested in You’
With all my heart I seek you; let me not stray from your commands.
Psalm 119:10

Years ago, I made a retreat at a Trappist monastery and heard something there I have never forgotten. One evening, a monk gave a short meditation in which he said with great conviction, “God is interested in you!” I had never heard this phrase used before, and it struck me very deeply. His words gave me a new insight into God’s love that remains with me to this day.

- Fr. Kenneth Grabner, C.S.C.

Comments

Margaret Laycock Respond to comment
November 16, 2020 at 05:22 PM

I’ve been an avid reader of Living Faith since I found it when I visited the US in the 1980’s. Here in England I’ve subscribed to it for a number of my friends and we all have favourite contributors that touch us at various times. I’m writing especially to thank Fr. Kenneth Grabner for his contribution on Friday 13th 2020. Like many others this unprecedented time in the world has been unsettling and I’ve found prayer and difficult but to think of God's interest in me brought me such consolation. I’ve been keeping him at a distance because I was afraid of what he might ask of me but I’ve been able to realise that all he has ever done is be there for me in all the trials of my life, why wouldn’t I give a joyful “ Thy will be done Lord” knowing that he has only done great things for me? I’m doing my best to do just that.

November 13, 2020 at 05:05 PM

I received an email from Emmanuelle at Living Faith asking how I liked the new site. I said that I liked the new site and was having no problems. Has anyone else received one? Let them know if you are experiencing any problems.

November 13, 2020 at 04:29 PM

What a beautiful, inspiring and hopeful devotion Fr. Kenneth, thank you. * Last week I had a spiritual-downfall, I guess all the chaos, evil, pandemic crisis and not mention my answered prayers was the cause. I questioned myself, my unworthiness, my failures, I asked myself why would God choose someone like me to follow Him and spread His word, and during that time I stopped praying. But during that time I had deep sorrowful and sad feelings deep in my heart and all I wanted to do is cry. I went back to praying, I prayed the rosary and the following morning I felt better, renewed and hopeful. That deep sorrowful, sad feeling was gone. Thank you Lord for restoring me and taking me back. ** Today's devotion "God Is Interested in You" is very fitting, I repeat Fr. Kenneth's last paragraph: "If God is interested in us, then every part of our life is important to God. And because God’s divine energy is infinite, God’s interest in us does not come and go. It is always there for us. It makes sense, then, to seek God with all our heart, to thank God with deep gratitude for God’s gifts and to ask God’s help when we are in darkness and pain. With all our heart, we seek that divine friendship that never fails because God’s interest in us never dies." God Bless our Living Faith Family.

BILL L
November 13, 2020 at 04:59 PM

Tillie, you are never more than a click away from your Living Faith family to comfort and support you.

November 13, 2020 at 02:55 PM

The easy access to the daily devotions are great and as usual very comforting and thought provoking. Thank you. God bless you all.

November 13, 2020 at 10:49 AM

Amen! I struggle often with feelings of failure. Thank you for this uplifting message. Prayers for the intentions of LFF. Have a blessed day!

November 13, 2020 at 11:04 AM

Holly you are not a failure you post to this site and inspire me and the living faith family. I will pray for you and yours right now Eleanor I will also include you in my prayers this morning and your friend/family members It's the scriptural rosary. Patrick and Salina and Tim love your comments Ken

November 13, 2020 at 09:55 AM

A great devotional and as ever great comments. Just like your experience in the monastery Fr, Kenneth I on a Retrouvaille marriage programme in 2003 saw the phrase "God does not make junk" for the first. The presenters went on to explain the self deprecating junk mentality many of us carry is self inflicted. That saying struck me forcefully because like a ton of emotional bricks I carried the sins and failures and hurts of years into every day. The pressure was buckling me, my superman mask was cracking and falling off. I felt exposed and vulnerable and my marriage and family were suffering too. I learned about forgiveness of self and others. I dedicate my life to God, a journey of healing followed. Today I know absolutely God does not make junk, I was knit together in my mothers for a purpose. I know God is interested in me always has been and alway will. I am beginning to fulfill the purpose for which I was created, this prisoner has been set free. I am just and average Joe (Pat) so I also know God is interested in everyone and no one is junk everyone is equal in the sight of God. I believe the purpose we are all created it is to grow through our experiences to be set free and then help others to set themselves free. That's my purpose in life from now forward.

November 13, 2020 at 09:49 AM

Good morning Living Faith Family. Please pray for a friend / family member who is in the hospital and cannot walk,her name is Beverly .Please pray that she would be able to walk out of that hospital bed .In Jesus Name Amen.

November 13, 2020 at 09:37 AM

The experience of the monk doing his meditation and hearing God say that God is interested in us is indeed uplifting for me.

November 13, 2020 at 09:33 AM

Happy Friday and let me begin, with a small prayer for all of the souls we have lost, are losing and will be losing this day. May our heavenly Farther hear all of our prayers for the souls in Purgatory and raise them up to Heavenly table prepared for them, in Jesus name we pray, Amen. Today’s Gospel reading speaks to our most gracious hearts, loving one another by our act of giving to others in need, not just provisions, but our love, a listening ear and our comfort when needed. We need to seek them, not wait for them to seek us out for help. Everywhere we turn in this life will be a road leading to others who need our love, help and understanding, just to make it to the next day. Are we too caught up in our own busy lives, and today they seem busier than ever. Let us go to our Heavenly Father today, ask him for his mercy of our own sins and the strength and courage to help others. May we come into prayer today with each other and keep his light burning in the dark corners of this world. Keep looking forward, striving to love one another, this Friday the 13th day of November, the year 2020. Amen

November 13, 2020 at 09:10 AM

Yes, “God is interested in you!” Not only that, it reminds me of this song, “Our God” by Christ Tomlin. https://youtu.be/JU4yv1ijhp4 If God is for us, who or what can be against us? First reading in 2 John......1. Walking in the truth (What truth?) 2. Love one another (How?) 3. Walk according to His commandments (Why?) 4. Many deceivers have gone out into the world (What do they say?) 5. Who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh (If I don’t believe?) 6. Not to remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God (If I do believe?) 7. Whoever remains in the teaching has the Father and the Son! The Gospel according to Luke.......1. So it will be on the day the Son of Man is revealed (What?) 2. Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses it will save it. (So?) 3. Where the body is, there also the vultures will gather. My takeaways: 1. Believe in Jesus reincarnated in flesh and died for my sins! 2. Don’t look backwards, but forwards in following His command to love one another! 3. Watch out for what I want to preserve as Satan is like a vulture circulating to devour me! My questions for you: 1. Do you know this Jesus personally? 2. Do you know His (not man made) commandments? 3. What are you trying to preserve? 4. What are you looking back at? 5. The days where we were free to go out and hug everyone? 6. The days where we can go to church and receive communion? 7. What do you gain by losing them?

November 13, 2020 at 08:55 AM

Thank you, Fr Ken for this beautiful devotion. And my heartfelt thanks to all who post comments. I am lifted up and reassured in my faith, by your faith. Prayers for all during these troubling times. I am reminded that Jesus said "I have overcome the world".

November 13, 2020 at 09:41 AM

Thank you, Tim! I write the way our dialog between me and God (whether the Father, the Son and/or the Holy Spirit) goes: His Word, my question and His Word (answer), and finally my takeaways and life applications. If you can see it, it is like a comic strip with bubbles over my head if you know what I’m taking about :-)

Tim
November 13, 2020 at 09:23 AM

Salina, you are spot on. Thank you for your insights here today. I love the way you make a comment and answer it with a question, thought provoking, making us think, ponder a positive thought, and ending at a solution. May our Lord Jesus Christ continue to feed you with his knowledge so that you may continue to enrich our minds, heart and souls in the way of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

November 13, 2020 at 08:53 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen

November 13, 2020 at 08:39 AM

Thank you for the much needed devotion that reminds us that God is interested in us. I am interested in God and so very thankful for the many blessings in my life. I pray that He blesses us all in this Living Faith community. I, too, am enjoying the new site. Thank You!

November 13, 2020 at 08:16 AM

Jackie
November 13, 2020 at 10:05 AM

Last night I went to my weekly meeting of a program at our church called Awaken. The priest who spoke on video to us said that God is always hunting for us, his creatures. Yes, God is very much interested in us. He wants us back because he loves us, his children, his creation!

November 13, 2020 at 07:40 AM

A novice once askes his master, "what is it you are seeking father?" The priest replied "the One who is seeking me!".. Peace be with you all.

November 13, 2020 at 08:23 AM

Good morning living faith family I know that God is interested in all of us. We take the time to pray and reflect his interests. Please pray for the souls in purgatory and the first Responders and essential workers and health care workers. Stay safe and healthy and take this pandemic seriously our nation's numbers are growing. Ken

November 13, 2020 at 07:11 AM

Amen. Beautiful reflection Father. The LF Family is so blessed that God is interested in us and that we care and are interested in each other in this community. Prayers for all. I’m enjoying the new website it’s very thoughtful!

November 13, 2020 at 12:43 AM