November 11, 2020
St. Martin of Tours
Celebrating With Gratitude
And one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. He was a Samaritan.
Luke 17:15-16

Mother Teresa once identified the leading disease of our day as loneliness. Those with leprosy must have felt lonely, having been cast out of society with no one to care for them. We may not have lepers standing at the “gates” of our cities, but we do have people in our communities, maybe in our own families and parishes, who feel unwanted. Loneliness often stems from negative thoughts of not being accepted—feeling like an outsider. This can happen to anyone. Jesus saw the lepers, not as they saw themselves or as others saw them, but as dear, precious children of his Father. When we look at one another and ourselves in the same way, healing can begin. The next step is gratitude. How beautifully and wonderfully made we all are in God’s love. That’s something to celebrate.

- Deborah A. Meister

Comments

Frances Deatrick Respond to comment
November 12, 2020 at 08:14 AM

Why are the devotion so slow to load? Still shows nov 11 .

November 11, 2020 at 08:12 PM

I am not particularly fond of the new presentation of the Living Faith online because it does not show the readings of the day. I have to go to another site then go back to this site to read the meditation of the day.

Living Faith
November 11, 2020 at 10:11 PM

Dear Susan, thanks for your feedback. The readings of the day are now available! Blessings.

November 11, 2020 at 04:57 PM

Thanks, Tim. And thank you to my fellow Vets. who visit this site. I hope you receive comfort in these readings and devotions. To all who visit this site. It is true that we are creatures of habit and sometimes resistant to change. But give this site some time for growing pains and tweaks to make it great. I've already noticed an increase in the comments section. If you need help navigating the site just ask. Prayers to all the Living Faith family.

November 11, 2020 at 05:53 PM

Thank you, Bill, for your service to preserve our freedom!

November 11, 2020 at 01:32 PM

Thank you Deborah for your devotion. Prayers for all the people that have been struck with with loneliness, this dreadful disease of our day. May the knowledge of knowing that Jesus sees us as as dear, precious children of his Father bring us Hope and Healing. God Bless our Living Faith Family.

November 11, 2020 at 01:21 PM

Thank you Living Faith Administrators for this new and wonderful devotional website and for all the work it took to set it up. Great Work! Living Faith Family: It seems like the format is different depending on what device you're using - desktop, laptop, mobile phone, etc. We just need to explore, practice and learn how to use the new wonderful website. The Mass Readings of the day are there.

November 11, 2020 at 01:11 PM

Hello Living Faith Family! Just wanting to share some information with you dated November 9, 2020 at 04:55 PM: Tillie November 9, 2020 at 04:55 PM Hello Living Faith Family, I spoke to someone in Administration who helped me with the past postings issue. We are able to view our Living Faith Family past postings up until October 14, 2020. We cannot view any of our past postings from October 15,2020 through today November 9, 2020. New past postings will be created as of today 11/9/2020. Living Faith November 9, 2020 at 04:56 PM Dear Living Faith friends, we're looking at giving you access to older reflections and comments. Stay tuned! Thank you for your loyalty. Blessings.

Living Faith
November 11, 2020 at 10:10 PM

Dear Tillie, thank you for your loyalty and support. The team at Living Faith is working hard at making older reflections and comments available to everyone. Stay tuned!

November 11, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Daily Mass readings ARE still here!! Scroll down pass the comments and find the monthly calendar. Below that will be the line Daily Mass Readings...click on that and you are all set! May God's blessings be with all of you!

Frank La Pietra Respond to comment
November 11, 2020 at 10:36 AM

What a simple, but beautiful lesson, to see each as dear, precious cildreren of God.

November 11, 2020 at 10:35 AM

I can celebrate with gratitude but I'm not savvy with new page and cannot find link to meditation. I'm grateful but Lord and computer incompetent!

November 11, 2020 at 10:11 AM

November 11, 2020 at 09:56 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen

November 11, 2020 at 09:34 AM

Yes, loneliness is a real thing, especially in a time of pandemic. Love the new page with the beautiful graphics. For those looking for the daily readings, the link is on the Home page right below the link for the devotion. Take a few moments to explore the new home page.

Marcia
November 11, 2020 at 10:46 AM

The layout may be different on different devices. On my iPad I have a pop-up of the Daily Devotions that blocks the home page

November 11, 2020 at 09:25 AM

so true loneliness is a disease Amen

November 11, 2020 at 09:14 AM

Good morning my dear Living Faith Family. I posted yesterday a pretty long message but lost it because i did not put in my email. Now that I know the rules, I will follow them to a “T”. As Ken mentioned this morning, Happy Veterans Day to all who gave us your service, risk your lives and for some, paid the ultimate price for all of our freedom. A BIG THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Because of God’s endless mercy given to each of us this day, he has saved us from the evils of this world. By the birth of his only Son, our Savior Jesus Christ we are saved, given a chance of repentance, rebirth, by the Holy Spirit. All of this for us in hopes of a chance for eternal life with him in Heaven. All of us are able to be saved, we all need to have is strong faith. As the Samaritan in today’s Gospel, he did not take life for granted, he noticed right away that something was different. Did he go on his way, feeling that he was entitled to this healing, NO, he knew what had happen and was humble to his core. He stopped, went back to Jesus and gave him thanks and praise for his mercy and forgiveness. Jesus, responded, go your faith has saved you. How many times has Jesus come into our lives and given us this same healing, mercy and forgiveness, full of second chances, yes too many to count this morning. I a servant of our Lord Jesus Christ, stand here in the light not darkness, to proclaim the good news to all who have ears. I a sinner ask for your prayers today, so that I may continue to be blessed with all of you, Living Faith Family. May our Lord Jesus Christ hear your prayers today and give each of you much comfort. PS: I like the new format, and it appears there are more souls participating. Jesus is definitely smiling. Amen

November 11, 2020 at 09:34 AM

Amen, Tim! Yes, so many people commenting :-)

November 11, 2020 at 08:29 AM

I am grateful for the daily devotion. It helps me set the tone of the day. Times are chaotic, changing to televised has still left a void. This helps and I remember to pray for family, friends, our church and country.

Tim
November 11, 2020 at 11:28 AM

Yes, in deed and the old devotions from all of us are not showing up under daily devotions at the bottom of the page. It looks like I am a newbie compared to you Salina. I have only been sharing my thoughts and prayers for 3 years. May God Bless all of us.

November 11, 2020 at 08:24 AM

November 11, 2020 at 08:24 AM

Sadly, the daily Mass readings with commentary that have helped in my routine during this pandemic are no longer available to me. Really sorry that you changed the website so that if the readings are there, I can’t find them. Your website used to be one of the first places I “visited” as I began the day. Thanks for the time you were helpful.

MS
November 11, 2020 at 09:56 AM

Annette. Put this in your browser. The daily readings will come up. https://bible.usccb.org/daily-bible-reading

November 11, 2020 at 09:18 AM

Don’t give up, Annette! Seek and you shall find...that’s God’s promise :-) Ask someone in your household or a neighbor to find it and show you...you will be pleased :-) What an opportunity to share the Gospel by asking for help. They will want to know what this website is all about...

Sandi
November 11, 2020 at 08:51 AM

The mass readings are available under the calendar in black print.

November 11, 2020 at 08:22 AM

Thank you Living Faith for providing these daily devotional readings. I really appreciate your spiritual guidance.

Sandi
November 11, 2020 at 08:50 AM

The readings are available to the left in a smaller print under the calendar

November 11, 2020 at 08:17 AM

Thank you, Deborah for today's inspiration. The next time I start feeling lonely. I will start to focus on all the things that I am grateful for! I thank the Lord for he has been by my side and so many times that I did not thank Him, just like the other 9 lepers that did not come back to Him. Lord, forgive me for those times as I continue to live each day doing your will and being forever grateful. Amen. Blessings and continued prayers for all!

November 11, 2020 at 07:50 AM

I realize the page design is new and I am also new to the comment page. Most days I am very inspired by the beautiful thoughts and prayers of the LF family. There seems to be a lot of negativity about the site and no comments about the devotion. We need to be so very thankful we have a site to go for God's word and be able to pray together. Everything new has to be learned. patience is a virtue.

Patrick
November 11, 2020 at 08:49 AM

Yesterday when I signed in it took me a little while to get used to the new site. I smiled to myself as I read the various comments. I have experience of on many occasions installing or learning to use new business and/or IT processes. I am familiar with the initial shock waves that follow the launch. “All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.” Julian of Norwich Back to the devotional I have a saying, gratitude is the attitude that determines our altitude. It's worth trying to adopt such an attitude, todays Alleluia recommends it "In all circumstances, give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes. 5:18 I am grateful for the wonderful site and comments forum and those behind the scenes who maintain it. I can't tell you how many times I have been lifted up by the writers of and comments on the devotionals, thank you all. I'm not being cheeky now but I ask for a link to past devotionals and comments archived on the previous system to be made available. As Salina said yesterday it is a rich reference depository. Either way I will keep reading and contributing to Living Faith and look forward to the day when using it becomes custom and practice and I can't remember what the previous one looked like.

Annette Pasquarella
November 11, 2020 at 08:02 AM

Amen

November 11, 2020 at 07:28 AM

This is awful and way to difficult to navigate. Too much stuff all on one page?

Angela Harrigan Respond to comment
November 11, 2020 at 07:23 AM

Thank you for This Beautiful site! What a blessing and thank you for letting us know how to find the Mass readings! This was a lot of hard work and I really appreciate it! God bless you

November 11, 2020 at 07:08 AM

Dear LF administration and website staff, Please look these things I have noticed: 1. At ‘HOME’ page, the title block which include the date (the saint), the title, the verse, VIEW FULL DEVOTIONAL, and Mass Readings of the Day, may not be in full display because the verse is too long and pushes the rest (VIEW FULL DEVOTIONAL and Mass Readings of the Day out of the screen. 2. The middle text block may be covering another title block/graphic? Because I see a small letter o and a big letter L in between DAILY DEVOTION and FOR KIDS. And unidentifiable marks on top. 3. I really like the new look and that I can access the Mass Readings of the Day at multiple places for our convenience :-) Both on HOME page and at the bottom of DEVOTION OF THE DAY page!!! Thank you and grateful for all you do and serve the body of Christ and the seekers :-) :-) :-) May God bless you and provide the double portion (1 Timothy 5:17)

November 11, 2020 at 07:14 AM

I would love for you to bring back the formatting in the comment box so we can read and see easily without the line breaks and returns all taken away. The comment becomes one big block without returns and line breaks :-( Unless your intent is to limit comments to short and to prevent certain lengthy comments like my lessons shared sometimes?

November 11, 2020 at 06:46 AM

Thanks for the gratitude reminder! And I like the new look.

Tom
November 11, 2020 at 11:27 AM

Beautiful job on the website! Thanks so much for doing all of this. I love it!

November 11, 2020 at 06:17 AM

For those looking for the readings there is a link under the calendar on this page titled Mass Readings of the day. Just click on that. Thank you everyone for all you do to share Gods Love! Have a Blessed Day!

November 11, 2020 at 04:12 AM

Thank you for the reminder.

November 11, 2020 at 03:40 AM

Hope this might help to access readings ???? https://universalis.com/index.htm

Maureen Wright Respond to comment
November 11, 2020 at 12:30 AM

I'm lost, I am unable to find the scripture for the day. Used to be easy Just clicked on mass readings. Where did all that go now???? Please must be able to copy those for each day. Thank you.

Marcia
November 11, 2020 at 10:56 AM

Thanks to you and others for pointing out that the readings can be located under the calendar on the left. The button could be put in a more prominent place or made more noticeable, but it is there! A bit of UI design might have helped many people’s frustrations.

November 11, 2020 at 08:27 AM

Good morning living faith family I am happy to be alive Veterans day please pray for the veterans , first Responders and health workers I know that the site has changed but I see every one is being helpful. More information and communication is going on. I will pray for the living faith family at Mass this morning. Ron I hope you are doing okay with the pandemic. Again please pray for the souls in purgatory and for those people in our society that need prayers and encouragement and understanding Ken

Linda Homishak
November 11, 2020 at 08:25 AM

So we have to scroll through comments to get to the mass readings? That’s an odd setup. I appreciate them trying to update but this may be something they’ll want to tweak.

Elise
November 11, 2020 at 06:18 AM

There is a link under the calendar on this page titled Mass Readings of the day. Just click on that.

Amy T
November 11, 2020 at 05:15 AM

Looks like if you scroll down from devotional, there is a bar to click for the readings.

Stephen
November 11, 2020 at 04:02 AM

Agreed. Also, the print contrast should be greater for those of us with failing eyesight.

Dawn
November 11, 2020 at 02:26 AM

Agree. Mass readings are no longer there. The old layout of the devotion was concise. Why the change?