November 6, 2020
Heavenly DNA
Our citizenship is in heaven…
Philippians 3:20

My parents were second-generation Americans. They grew up speaking a native language and practicing customs of an “old” country, as they called it. But they did not share the same nationality. Their countries of origin were only separated by the Ionian Sea, but my grandparents were not impressed. In America, it took a while before they were no longer seen as foreigners. Throughout history, people have been a suspicious lot. We gravitate to those who mirror ourselves—speaking the same language, sharing the same culture.

With the advent of commercial DNA testing, it’s now possible to learn much more about our ancestors. My parents would have been surprised to discover our family history goes well beyond the borders of two countries. While we don’t need DNA tests to recognize that we are all linked together on this earth, let’s be grateful for this scriptural reminder that we are promised a shared citizenship in heaven.

- Gail Goleas

Comments

November 6, 2020 at 06:50 PM

Yes, we are ONE Nation under God :-) :-) :-)

"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, beloved!" Amen! (Philippians 4:1)

Even though, "For the children of this world
are more prudent in dealing with their own generation than the children of light.” (Luke 16:8)

I rejoiced because they said to me, “We will go up to the house of the LORD.” And now we have set foot within your gates, O America! America, built as a city with compact unity. To it the fifty-two states go up, the peoples of the LORD. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord! Hallelujah :-) :-) :-)

Lord, You are sovereign and merciful!!!

November 6, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Thank you, Lord, For our many blessings. Living faith family, please pray for my husband, John, who is suffering severe pain right now and is in need of assistance. Thank you so much.

BILL L
November 6, 2020 at 06:28 PM

My prayers will be with you and your husband, Ann.

Pam
November 6, 2020 at 02:40 PM

Yes Ann, I have John tucked in my prayers and
today’s Rosary to be relieved of his pain and discomfort.
And Ann, for you too.
It’s heart wrenching to watch our loved ones in such pain.
God Bless us all, and all who we love.

Rita
November 6, 2020 at 01:52 PM

Ann, may the Lord be with you and your husband. Praying right now for him.

November 6, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Life is truly always a choice:

Good or Bad.

Honesty or dishonesty.

The same is true with following our Lord Jesus Christ.

We cannot serve 2 masters. God and Man.

I think we should just step back and see what is pulling us away from the one master who is all deserving of our love and attention.

See if we can put things in the order that they deserve, so we can continue to Put God First in our lives and then use all of your God given abilities to their fullest, the way God expects us to perform in this life.

Please remember it is not bad to gain fruits of your labor, after you have put God first in your life, actually just the opposite.

God expects each of us to maximize our God given abilities, not to waste them and share the fruits of our labor with all peoples, so that no one has to experience hunger, to be clothe, to not have the necessities needed to live.

No these fruits are God’s and God’s alone. We are to be the good stewards and share with others who are in need ,

While doing this service let us take the advantage of this time and share the good word of Jesus Christ with as many people as we can over the course of our days.

Thank you Lord Jesus for allowing me to hear your call and follow where you lead me this day.

Continued prayers for our Living Faith Family and the church in November helps us remember to continue to pray for all the living souls in Purgatory. So their souls may be purified and led to Heaven, soon. We pray, Amen.

November 6, 2020 at 11:14 AM

November 6, 2020 at 10:49 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen

Rita
November 6, 2020 at 01:57 PM

Amen. Thank you, A Sinner, for your daily prayer.

November 6, 2020 at 10:10 AM

Del/tom
November 6, 2020 at 10:34 AM

Very appropriate message for today Amen

November 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM

Amen

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
November 6, 2020 at 09:00 AM

Thanks Gail for today's devotion. God's gifts do not belong to one or two persons but are directed for the good of all.
Lord your kingdom is coming. Your help reaches us.
Prayer for all the living faith family members. Have a good day everyone.

Patrick
November 6, 2020 at 03:05 PM

We are all descended from the one source, we are all parts of the one body.

November 6, 2020 at 10:11 AM

Sham/PeterNarine you to have a healthy safe day.
Living faith family I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers this morning.
Please pray for the souls in purgatory and the living people who need our prayers.
Ken