October 26, 2020
We Are Wanted and Loved
Be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love...
Ephesians 5:1

Child development research suggests that children learn how to behave by watching, and being watched by, their parents. When an infant looks into her mother's eyes, and the mother looks back at her and smiles, the infant learns that she is a delight to her mother, that her existence is good. When a toddler runs to his father to be comforted after he falls down, he learns to empathize when someone else is hurt.

We learn how to do things when someone else has done those things for us. If our parents have not been good models, we may still turn to our divine parent to know how to love. Our ability to imitate God takes more than just acting out the behaviors we associate with a benevolent deity. It takes our trust--a trust that we are wanted, loved and held as his children.

- Elizabeth Duffy

Comments

October 26, 2020 at 11:49 AM

These verses touch my heart this morning:
* Ephesians 5:6-8, "Let no one deceive you with empty arguments, for because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the disobedient. So do not be associated with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.
* Luke 13:15a, "The Lord said to him in reply, “Hypocrites!"
* Am I being a hypocrite falling into the trap of the current political rhetorics - empty arguments?

Preparing for my BSF Bible lesson today for Wednesday! Had an argument with my daughter, Jessi, while I was in PA packing! Still tugs at my heart, but I know God knows and He is as much God to me as He is to Jessi :-) To that I say Amen and Hallelujah!!!

October 26, 2020 at 09:07 PM

Thank you, Tillie! Your encouragement and your sharing of your personal experience mean a lot ot me :-)

Tillie
October 26, 2020 at 05:57 PM

Salina,

Like Pam, I remember the many times I argued with my Mother during my teen years. I too don't know why Mothers and Daughters butt heads, you and Jessi are not alone.

It wasn't until I moved from California to Colorado, many miles and hours away from my Mother that I realized that she was a special gift from God, so wise and always giving me the best advise, a great role model, my best friend and confidant, my wonderful Mother. She, her wisdom, her advise and her love for me will always remain in my heart.

Jessi will come to realize the same. Salina, you are a gift from God to her and a wonderful Mother.

Prayers for you and her both.

Patrick
October 26, 2020 at 04:51 PM

A prayer for Patrick from his namesake. Great devotional.

October 26, 2020 at 03:00 PM

Thank you, Pam, for your comforting and affirming words and testimony :-) It is your words, as if God is putting His arm around my shoulder!!!

Pam
October 26, 2020 at 01:29 PM

Oh Salina, I know your heart hurts.

I remember arguing with my Mother...most of the time.

It took years for me to realize my Mother was a good Mother, loved me, was only looking out for me. When I finally realized that, she was not only my Mother but a dear friend, and my biggest "fan"!

I was able to see her side of things, where she was coming from and the light that came on was soooooo bright! I don't know all the reasons Mothers and Daughters butt heads, I just know that my Mother was a true Gift from God.
Praying for you, Jessi and both of your hearts.
And as simple as this may sound...This too shall pass.

And Tim, you bet, I've got Patrick tucked in my prayers for successful exam results!

God Bless us all, and ALL who we love!

October 26, 2020 at 10:38 AM

Let no one discourage us in walking towards the light.

Let all of us live according to his word and teachings, so others may be imitators of God.

No one deserves to to tricked, led down the wrong path because of empty promises.

Know in your heart what is right and just. Stay focused, put him first and remain in his word, imitators in Christ.

In today’s Gospel, Jesus reminds us all again that he came for the ones who come to him with their faith, and who earnestly need his help. He did not come to prove anything to anyone, just to do his Fathers work.

Let us not get caught up in saying something to others, but doing something for our own needs instead.

Let our Yes, be Yes and our No be No and most of all let us share our love, kindness and compassion for one another.

This morning I am asking for all of my fellow Living Faith Family to say a quick “Our Father”, for my middle child, Patrick, this morning. Patrick has his practical exam this morning for his PT Tech examination. This is Patrick’s second attempt in two years, see if you do not pass then you must wait an entire year to take the class over again. Patrick is one of the kindness persons you will ever meet. Always doing for others before doing anything for himself. He has finally found his true passion in life in helping and serving others. I ask for our loving God to allow Patrick use all of his God given abilities to their fullest this morning during his exam. Watch over him, remove his anxiety, worry and fear of making a mistake and just let him put his God given skill in helping others to good use. I ask this prayer in the name of the Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit. Amen.

Have a blessed day everyone.

BILL
October 26, 2020 at 06:12 PM

Praying tonight for Patrick, Tim.

Tillie
October 26, 2020 at 03:27 PM

Tim, I have said a prayer for your son Patrick. I have asked God that He will allow Patrick to have a clear mind, and remove his anxiety. I've prayed that your son will have a successful PT Tech examination this morning.

October 26, 2020 at 01:06 PM

Praying for Patrick and Colleen snow for Colorado and the living faith family I will pray the scriptural rosary for all of you guys right now
Also for the souls in purgatory. Salina she knows you love her and that you are a good person and an inspiration to the living faith family.
Rosary will be for you and yours

Ken

Sandy
October 26, 2020 at 12:17 PM

Tim, I will pray for your son.

Colleen
October 26, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Prayers for your son Patrick this morning Tim. May the Lord give him all the wisdom and knowledge he needs to do extremely well on this exam.

October 26, 2020 at 11:37 AM

I pray for Patirck as I did for a 9th grader this past Friday for her IS exam:

"Praying for you, Patrick for your PT Tech examination this morning! (Praying hands) That you will say with confidence that the Lord is your helper and you will not be afraid or distracted by the timer or questions as you take the exam. (Hebrews 13:6) So do not fear, for the Holy Spirit is with you; do not be dismayed, for He is your God. Hw will strengthen you and help you; He will uphold you with His righteous right hand as you take your exam. (Isaiah 41:10). In Jesus powerful Name, we (the Holy Spirit and I) pray, Amen! (Praying hands)

The 9th grader got a 48 over 50! (hearts and clapping hands) Praise You Lord Jesus Christ, Who builds her faith and trust in You in answering her prayers :-) So it is with Patrick that You answer his prayer to build his faith and trust in You :-)

Holly
October 26, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Prayers for Patrick to successfully complete his exam today. God bless!

Lia
October 26, 2020 at 11:05 AM

Many prayers for Patrick coming your way. Amen

October 26, 2020 at 10:28 AM

October 26, 2020 at 10:08 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for this Gospel today. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father, most of all, for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen

Sham Peter Narine Respond to comment
October 26, 2020 at 09:25 AM

Thanks Elizabeth for today's
devotion. Living as children of light as christians, we are called to be the light of the world and salt of the earth.
Everything we do must be life-giving, contributing to the happiness of others, fostering authentic love, selfless service, relieving suffering, building harmony, strengthening peace by forgiveness and compassion.
Prayer for all living faith family members.
Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, stand at our side and protect us in all our days on earth.

October 26, 2020 at 07:36 AM

I have a son. I have to be careful. Almost every thing I do, he seems to imitate. It is fun, but scary at the same time.