October 24, 2020
St. Anthony Mary Claret
Choosing the Way
Lord, though I may suffer
...we should grow in every way into him who is the head, Christ...
Ephesians 4:15

Christ is the template of our lives: our model, our example, the Way.

It's the small things that add up to make the whole person. We have choices. We can choose to make a negative remark or to hold it back, to smile when we want to frown, to shift our position just a few degrees to see if the situation might look different. We can binge-watch our favorite program, or we can take that time to make soup and deliver it to a friend who is ill.

We can tell the bus driver what a great job he is doing and watch his smile light up his face and light up the day.

We grow into Christ through a multitude of small choices: every day, every way.

- Jennifer Christ

Comments

October 24, 2020 at 08:51 PM

Thank you for the lovely reflections everyone. Amen

October 24, 2020 at 08:11 PM

Yes, “Grace was given to each of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift!” (Ephesians 4:7)

What is Christ’s gift for? Ephesians 4:12-13, 15b, “
* to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry,
* to build up the Body of Christ,
* to attain to the unity of faith
* to attain knowledge of the Son of God,
* to mature manhood
* to the extent of the full stature of Christ,
* to grow in every way into Him Who is the head, Christ!“

The Gospel today tells me that a sinner is a sinner is a sinner. I am no different than a murderer, my sin is in my heart :-( Listen to what Jesus said repeatedly in
* Do you think...they were greater sinners? (Luke 13:2)
* Do you think...they were more guilty? (Luke 13:4)
* By no means! But I tell you, if you do not repent, you will all perish as they did! (Luke 13:3, 5)

Here is the Good News
* Ezekiel 33:11, “I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked man, says the Lord, but rather in his conversion that he may live.”
* Luke 13:8-9, “ ‘Sir, leave it for this year also, and I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit in the future. If not you can cut it down.’”
* 2 Peter 3:9, “ The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

I say, “Amen!”

October 24, 2020 at 06:33 PM

Jennifer, thank you for your devotion.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control and humility are the fruits of the Holy Spirit. They are the basis in determining whether the Holy Spirit is living in you and whether you are walking the right path.

May we grow into Christ by "choosing right way" and the right path.

God Bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers for all.

Tim
October 25, 2020 at 11:11 AM

Words that warm my heart, thank you Tillie!

October 24, 2020 at 04:17 PM

Amen

October 24, 2020 at 04:13 PM

October 24, 2020 at 12:01 PM

I recommend everyone read Matthew Kelly's book The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity. His concept of Holy Moments is somewhat like St. Therese's Little Way.

From the book: "The brilliant and beautiful truth is you are just as capable of collaborating with God to create holy moments as the saints were."

kjc
October 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM

Yes Mel I loved that book and Mathew Kellys podcasts. Tim Jenifer and EM you are again right on. I miss my 2nd graders but it reminds me of a section of Mathews gospel that we always covered and talked about I will share with the living faith family

Mathew 25 :31…

Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

Praying for all of you

Ken

October 24, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Good Morning, Happy Saturday to everyone.

Yes we have choices and I like what EM says we are one choice away.

The fig tree in today’s Gospel did not bear fruit, why, was it the choices made by the gardener. When given one last chance, he chooses the right path to possibly bear fruit, be watchful, use the best solis, spend more time trying to bear good fruit. He now seems committed. Are we committed to Christ to help bear fruit for his kingdom. Are we making the right choices in our life, are we committed to putting the time in, or is there something else in the world pulling our time away.

Let all of us today try to make the right choices, try putting our best foot forward. Are we trying to change from our sinful ways and asking God for his forgiveness.

As EM says today, we are one choice away, let’s make it for Christ.

Continued prayers for all of our Living Faith Family and for all of the souls in purgatory.

Amen, have a blessed Saturday!

October 24, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Good Morning, Happy Saturday to everyone.

Yes we have choices and I like what EM says we are one choice away.

As EM says today, we are one choice away, let’s make it for Christ.

Amen, have a blessed Saturday!

October 24, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Beautiful insight on today’s scripture, Jennifer. I need to practice doing the “small things” more. In doing so, I feel I’m also making Jesus smile, too, and that’s a GOOD thing!

October 24, 2020 at 09:07 AM

Amen. We are all one choice away from growing closer to Christ. Prayers for all.

October 24, 2020 at 08:57 AM

"We grow into Christ through a multitude of small choices: every day, every way." That line sums it up perfectly for me. Thank you Jennifer.

October 24, 2020 at 08:49 AM

Good morning to all!

May God bless us with his grace in making the choices that lead us closer to him.

Have a blessed day and I continue to pray for all those in need.