September 6, 2020
Twenty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
Giving Out of Love
Brothers and sisters: Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another.
Romans 13:8

After Mass, the congregation was milling about in the convent courtyard. An acquaintance caught my eye from across the way. We smiled and nodded, and then before I knew it, she had rushed toward me, and there she was, sharing some surprising, sad news about her family. It was difficult and challenging, and of course, I said what one does, sincerely: "Whatever I can do...I'll be praying for you."

Not an isolated incident, of course, as I'm sure is the case with you too. The previous day, another acquaintance had shared a similar story about her own adult child, and as I glanced around at those who'd gathered that morning, I knew that every smile and every hug was offered by a person bearing some sort of pain. We may not know what we mean when we assure another, "Whatever I can do," but rooting whatever we give in love is the only place we can start.

Loving Father, help me to respond to each person I meet today with love.

- Amy Welborn

Ezekiel 33:7-9|Psalm 95:1-2, 6-9|Romans 13:8-10|Matthew 18:15-20

Comments

September 6, 2020 at 06:27 PM

Amy, thank you for your devotion.

Jesus teaches us how to correct a brother or sister with a deep care for the person in question. "Go and tell him his fault between you and him alone." If he doesn't listen to you, tell him/her in front of two or three witnesses. "If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church (someone of higher rank). If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.”

If all else fails we must come to our Lord, Jesus to pray that He will fill them with the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit will guide them and give them a change of heart.

May we remember how Jesus treated the Gentiles and tax collectors, eating with them, pursuing them, drawing them into his circle and most of all Loving them.

God Bless our Living Faith Family.

September 6, 2020 at 02:44 PM

September 6, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Thank you Amy.

I believe all of us are dealing with some sort of pain, whether it was from the past or now. We will not leave earth without experiencing some suffering.

I believe it is the love and caring from others as mention in scripture that helps us to cope, to pick up our cross and keep walking.

One day it will be all over when we meet our Lord. Until then I offer my love and prayers to everyone.

A beautiful and blessed day to all!

david
September 6, 2020 at 03:55 PM

Amen

September 6, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Praying for you Ken that all will be well with your surgery and your healing. God bless you. Thank you also for always praying for us. Blessings for a glorious Sunday to all the Living Faith Families and their love ones.

September 6, 2020 at 10:28 AM

Love one another is today’s common these.

Looking out for others, out of love for one another.

In today’s first reading we are called to help and teach others towards the way from their sins.

Because we know the way, we are to direct others out of sin so they will sin no more. If we do nothing, God holds up responsible, because we know better and need to offer a helping hand.

In today’s second reading St. Paul reminds us that Love is the fulfillment of the Law..

We shall Love our neighbor as ourselves. Love is not evil, Love is fulfillment of God’s Law.

In today’s Gospel again an act of Love is demanded of us, so that our brothers do not fall into sin.

Out of Love turn the other cheek. Out of Love go and try to make things right between you and your brother. Out of Love when he refuses to listen, Pray for him, for this too is a sign of Love.

Let us come together and pray for one another today, so that we too may find the way back to our Lord, who have given us his own life so that we may have life. There is no greater Love than this, that a friend gives up his own life for another. Jesus calls us to this same Love to pray for each other. Where two or more come in my name to pray for others, I too am in their midst.

Today’s messages are filled with God’s Love for each of us and know Jesus is there in our midst. Call upon him in prayer today, Put God First in your life and be transformed.

Continued prayers for all of our Living Faith Family and for all of the souls that have been called home before us this day. May we also pray to our Blessed Mother in Heaven for her intercession on our behalf To her son Jesus Christ.

Continued prays for all of the souls in Purgatory, that all souls may receive our prayers and be reunited with our Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven.

Lia
September 6, 2020 at 11:20 AM

September 6, 2020 at 10:16 AM

Amen, Amy! Romans 13:8, "Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law."

Here is the conclusion in the 'Love' chapter of 1 Corinthians 13 verse 13, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Who says 13 is an unlucky number? 13:13 is the exactly what we need...LOVE! For love binds/glues hope and faith together and makes them real in my life :-)

What do the other two passages (Ezekiel and Matthew) today tell me about 'LOVE?'
* "and you do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death." (Ezekiel 33:8b, c)
* "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen..." (Matthew 18:15-16a)
* Love is to speak up/out and tell the truth about SINs, now the question of how and when (1 Corinthains 13) depends totally and completely on the leading of the Holy Spirit and not on my own feelings and emotions!!!

Today I hear Your voice, Holy Spirit! Harden not my heart, Amen!

Sham Peter Narine
September 6, 2020 at 11:27 PM

Prayers for Ken for success.

Tillie
September 6, 2020 at 09:07 PM

Ken (Kjc), I continue to pray for you. May God be with you during and after your surgery. May He give you good news: positive covid-19 test results.

September 6, 2020 at 10:21 AM

Salina I love that psalm if today you hear his voice harden not your heart
Thanks for your prayers
Ana Tim Tillie and Bill L thanks for your prayers
Living faith family I will pray for you when I return home

Ken