June 28, 2020
Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Small Gestures, Great Love
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:39
Think big! Follow your dreams! Change the world! Make a difference! Set the world on fire! It can be confusing, can't it? On the one hand, so many voices out there are telling me to find self-fulfillment in doing big, huge things in attention-getting ways. And as I listen to the Lord, I hear that too. I hear the call to go out to the whole world, to let my light shine. But then there's this from Matthew today, which seems to be about something different: being small, being less, losing my life. Perhaps they're not in conflict. Not always, at least. But sometimes they might be, and so I check myself and make sure that as I look ahead, as I figure out how to use what God's given me, I've got Jesus' words and example of humility at the core of all I do.
Lord, may my small gestures speak clearly of your love.

- Amy Welborn

2 Kings 4:8-11, 14-16|Psalm 89:2-3, 16-19|Romans 6:3-4, 8-11|Matthew 10:37-42

Comments

June 28, 2020 at 07:28 PM

Ken, thank you for including me in your prayers. You truly our prayer warrior here in the LFF. I'm praying for you too.

June 28, 2020 at 04:47 PM

Amen and I’m proud to be part of the LF family.

June 28, 2020 at 04:32 PM

Ken,

Thank you so much for including me in your prayers. I am in need of them as I am traveling a rough road. May God bless you and keep you safe and well. May God bless the LFF.

June 28, 2020 at 02:03 PM

Amen. :)

June 28, 2020 at 10:43 AM

Ken, you are our prayer warrior here, thank you! Your example inspires me. You are always in my prayers too.

June 28, 2020 at 10:34 AM

This morning I read that " our baptismal sharing in His saving death bears fruit every time we avoid sin, every time we show love or mercy to another, every time we choose God over self."
God please forgive me when I didnot avoid sin, when I did not show love or mercy and when I chose self over you.
Sunday blessings to the LF family. Thank you for all your reflections.

June 28, 2020 at 10:21 AM

Ken, I LOVE your prayer: "Dear Lord, help me remember what a difference it makes when I make time with You a priority in my morning. Awaken me in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance and wisdom over my heart as I prepare to go into my day. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Ken"

Thank you so much, I need that! I am copying and saving it!

God bless you all, LF family, and thanks to Amy for her inspiration today!

June 28, 2020 at 09:32 AM

Amy, thank you so much this morning in sharing these encouraging words with all of us.

I think we all can remain humble for Christ and also think big, have dreams, be successful and lastly, use all of our God given gifts, graces and blessings to the fullest.

We can do all these things through and with Christ in our lives, standing at our side and sharing these fruits with others.

In today’s first reading we hear:
We see the women, we do not know her name, it was never recorded here. She must have been full of God’s grace, and had strong faith.

Offering such a kind jester to Elisha with no strings attached. It was not the women who asked for anything, she did not hold out her hand, waiting it to be full.

She and her husband were blessed by God, had in abundance and share this abundance with Elisha. The women knew that Elisha was a man from God, a prophet, teacher of the law.

The women and her husband’s heart was in the right place and they just shared these blessings with others, are we not taught to do the same?

Elisha, through the power of the Holy Spirit, granted by God, extended her something that these blessings she and her husband had could not provide, a “LIFE”. Wow they must have been so happy, excited and thankful to God.

In today’s second reading we hear St. Paul speak to us about that we have been united with Christ through his death and resurrection, to the reward of eternal life. Let us not take this wonderful event for granted.

Christ died for us, do we believe this to be true, then we too have the opportunity to live for Christ, the way our Father in heaven had planned for us to do.

Let us be dead to our sin and repent and live according to the way of Christ Jesus, so that this great sacrifice will not be wasted, but fulfilled with eternal life.

In today’s Gospel, Jesus explains to all us the great love he expects from us and so truly deserves.

We must Love. We must face our crosses of life, head on and stay in his presence through it all.

Whoever received the word of Christ must be good stewards of this grace and gifts and share them with others.

So to end my long posting of the day, sorry for that.

DREAM BIG, LOVE BIG and have BIG GOALS.

If we Can apply these few things, to our lives, then we are making the most of what God has given to us.

Please remember, do all these things through Christ who gives us the strength to get through life’s challenges and finally, share with others the graces and gifts we are given.

Prayers for our Living Faith Family and all of their intentions today.

Have a blessed Sunday and following week.

david
June 28, 2020 at 06:49 PM

You are blessed Tim.

kjc
June 28, 2020 at 10:01 AM

Lia, Sham Peter, Tim an Salina.
Good morning Tim an Salina safe trip
to those who are still having problems getting to mass, I am including this prayer Spiritual Communion

My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there, and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen

Tillie, Ana, Holly, Pam, Esther, Carmen, a siner, freeter, Faith, Gail, Vicky G, Marcy and Patrick know that you are in my prayers.
Wendy Prospere I will include you and those people you have lost and their families, JEC your granddaughter and her family will also be included
Finally this is one of the 7 morning prayers I say and like.

Ken

June 28, 2020 at 08:35 AM

Amen :) Prayers and Hello to The Living Faith Family!

June 28, 2020 at 08:19 AM

God, thank you for the gift of today.