November 19, 2019
The Key to Moving Forward
But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord, "Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor, and if I have extorted anything from anyone I shall repay it four times over."
Luke 19:8
My son was playing a Beethoven sonata in a piano recital and everything was going great. Then...a memory slip. He stumbled. He paused, started from the same point...and stumbled again. Later, his teacher said, "Next time that happens, don't return to the spot where your brain flipped out on you the first time. Pick a point beyond your first mistake--and move forward." I think about all the stories of renewal and conversion in the gospel, including Zacchaeus. Jesus gave them all a great gift--[i]you're free now. You're not stuck in that place of mistakes.[/i] With his grace, we can put it behind us--and keep moving forward.
Jesus, free me and help me move forward.

- Amy Welborn

2 Maccabees 6:18-31|Psalm 3:2-7|Luke 19:1-10

Comments

November 19, 2019 at 02:28 PM

Prayers for Vicky, Liz, Yolanda, Ken, Tim, Patricia and all those who have requested prayers. I'm praying for you!

November 19, 2019 at 02:21 PM

Thank you Amy for your devotion.

With His Grace, Only God can free us from our sins, our mistakes, our downfalls so that we can feel free to pick ourselves up and "move forward."

God Bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers.

November 19, 2019 at 09:50 AM

Amen. :)

November 19, 2019 at 09:06 AM

Please pray for Steve.
Thank you.
God Bless us all and all who we love, especially those in the most need.

Tillie
November 19, 2019 at 02:23 PM

Pam, I continue top ray for Steve.

November 19, 2019 at 09:50 AM

Praying....

* John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
* Psalm 23:1, 4, 6, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing...Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me...Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
* Revelation 21:4, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Dorothy
November 19, 2019 at 09:38 AM

Praying

November 19, 2019 at 08:57 AM

Jesus offers all of us the same opportunity of conversation.

We are so blessed to be able to start over through Jesus’s forgiveness toward us.

He wants all of us to believe and follow him, even if we have sinned. Believe it or not we are all sinners wanting, seeking his love and forgiveness.

Spend some quality time with him today, put him first in your day and be transformed.

Praying for the entire Living Faith Family.

Amen

November 19, 2019 at 08:09 AM

To quote Dora... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

November 19, 2019 at 06:42 AM

November 19, 2019 at 06:03 AM

Only you can do what no man can do O God. In our limitations we come to you,come through for us Father. Free us and grant us the grace to move on knowing that we are totally dependent on you. Prayers and blessings for our Living Faith family. May God meet us in our every need today, Amen. Peace!!!

Patty
November 19, 2019 at 10:49 PM

AMEN JJC, AMEN!!!

Tillie
November 19, 2019 at 02:25 PM

Ken, thank you for your prayers.

Tillie
November 19, 2019 at 02:24 PM

JJC, Amen.

November 19, 2019 at 09:04 AM

Good morning living faith family I am praying for all of you. Pam and Steve I am thinking about your struggles and will help if you need me.
Tim Anna Tillie Salina Arlette Patricia Zuma you are all in my prayers right now
Ken