November 1, 2019
All Saints
Prepared for You
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.
Matthew 5:12
The scene in the promotional video for a local Catholic school featured religious sisters welcoming children into a warm, friendly, brightly decorated classroom. The principal narrating the film--also a religious sister--described her order's understanding of that moment and that place. She said they were seeking to share a greater truth with the children, to image the warmth and welcome God shares with us in his kingdom by the way they welcomed and treated children in the classroom every day. "We're saying here--you have a place prepared for you," she said, "as the Lord has a place prepared for you in heaven." May we be like the saints and say yes to all that God has prepared for us!
Lord, may I share your love in the way of all the saints.

- Amy Welborn

Revelation 7:2-4, 9-14|Psalm 24:1-6|1 John 3:1-3|Matthew 5:1-12

Comments

November 1, 2019 at 05:03 PM

Ken (Kjc), congratulations to you and your daughter Heather on her her first baby she is having in May. What joy.

November 1, 2019 at 04:56 PM

Thank you Amy for your devotion.

Jesus is our Lord and Savior, He has a place prepared for us in the Kingdom of heaven. Let that bring us Hope and Joy while we go through our trials and Life's burdens.

God Bless our Living Faith Family. I also have a long list of people to pray for and that need our prayers. Please know that even though I don't mention your names, I am praying for you.

November 1, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Prayers for all the Living Faith family on this feast of All Saints you all have become a wonderful part of my day!
Ken so wonderful to hear about your daughter.
Salina thank you for following up with Patricia. Please let me know once you have gotten all her information so that I may help too.

November 1, 2019 at 11:14 AM

Ken you made me smile again today! So many of us are suffering through daily life, I’m so glad you remind us that Our Father brings new life even as old life slips away. For all of us here Lord, hear our prayers—those of need, those of request and also those of thanksgiving and gratefulness. I have a list of names here and I wish each of you to know that I am praying for you and your intentions. Have a very blessed weekend.

November 1, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father most of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Chris, King of Endless Glory. Amen

November 1, 2019 at 10:43 AM

What a beautiful picture in Revelation this morning for All Saints Day!

Revelation 7:9a-10, 11b-12, "
* a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb
* They cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation comes from our God, Who is seated on the throne, and from the Lamb."
* All the angels...prostrated themselves before the throne, worshiped God, and exclaimed: "Amen. Blessing and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving, honor, power, and might be to our God forever and ever. Amen."

Indeed, Amy, "the Lord has a place prepared for me in heaven!" Sometimes, I don't feel I belong to this world! So much rejection and ignorance of my God and my Lord :-( I long for heaven to be with God and praise Him face to face forever :-) Sometimes, I wish I can just be by myself all day and night long with my God in His Word, talking, whispering, smiling, crying, hugging and listening.......

But God has a plan, a very specific plan to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future! (Jeremiah 29:11b) So it is with all of you :-) whether you are in the midst of difficulties (relational or financial), rejections (knowingly or unknowingly), or sufferings (physical, mental or spiritual)! He has a plan for you specifically.......Do you believe Him?

Today's Gospel on 'beattitudes' reminds me of 'crowns' we receive in heaven as the twenty four elders do in Revelation 4:10b-11, "They lay their crowns before the throne and say: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power,
for You created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their being.”

What do these crowns look like?
* James 1:12, "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him." (points me to most of us here in LFF who are in the midst of trials)
* 1 Peter 5:2-4, "Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away." (points me to Ken and his 2nd grade class)
* Revelation 3:10-11, "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown." (Jesus is coming back :-)

Here is my takeaways: perseveres under trials, love Him, be shepherds, be willing, eager to serve, keep His command, and endure patiently! Drum roll....... Jesus is coming soon!!!

My worship and my declaration...
This I believe (The Creed) by Hillsong Worship

November 1, 2019 at 10:01 AM

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest, says the Lord. MT 11:28

May we all keep this in our hearts as we go through our many trials.

A Blessed weekend ahead and continued prayers for all.

Sandy

November 1, 2019 at 09:23 AM

Amen. :)

November 1, 2019 at 09:06 AM

All Saints
Pray for us
Thank you Jesus for my husband daughter
Son. Thank you Jesus for our good health.
Amen

November 1, 2019 at 08:32 AM

From yesterday...

“Patricia,

Fr. Tom Woost, Pastor of St. Brendan Catholic Parish, called me today trying to find out the details of your situation since he has received my request and the check I sent.

Here is what we agreed to do for you:
1. Salina needs to find out Patricia's last name, so they can confirm her identity when meet.
2. Salina will notify Fr. Worst of Patircia's last name.
3. Fr. Woost will ask that Patricia contacts Deacon Bob Herron at (440)777-7222 to receive help Salina has allocated in sending a check.

* So Patricia if you can let me know your last name ASAP, I would appreciate it very much! And I will notify Fr. Woost and Deacon Bob immediately.

* Then you can contact Deacon Bob directly, identify yourself with your current situation and present your most urgent needs. Deacon Bob will evaulate your situation and provide appropriate help to you per my agreement with Fr. Woost :-)

* When you have the meeting with Deacon Bob, he will ask for your ID to confirm your identity. That's why we need to know your last name. And he will assess your situation and provide you with the appropriate help.

I pray that you will accept this help we have put together as we try putting flesh on Jesus, being the hands and feet for Him through St. Brendan Catholic Parish for you!

Christ is Lord,
Salina | Posted on: 2019-10-31 17:55:04”

Patty
November 1, 2019 at 11:17 PM

Hi Salina,
I thought I was understanding Patricia to say by her responses she would trust God in this.

November 1, 2019 at 09:43 AM

Salina great work I am proud of you and praying for you. I will also help. Praying for all the Living faith family Good news my youngest daughter is having her first baby in May. She told us
Two brothers and one sister at Halloween party yesterday..when she noticed my eyes were tearing she hug me and said that she told her mother Kathy when she was still alive. Pray for me and my daughter Heather Ken

November 1, 2019 at 08:28 AM

Amen. All you Holy men and women pray for us.

Prayers for peace, guidance and hope for all today.

November 1, 2019 at 08:12 AM

Praying for all Saints, that have gone before us and paved the way so that we may imiate them and continue to follow God ways.

Let us bring others to the light, show them the way to Christ.

Continued prayers for our Living Faith Family who are in need of everyone’s prayers.

Spend some quality time with Jesus today, you will be transformed.

Thank you Jesus for all of your help and direction during this very difficult period in my life.

Please hear my prayers.

Amen

Tillie
November 1, 2019 at 04:58 PM

Eleanor, prayers for your sister Germaine Wickham.

Pam
November 1, 2019 at 09:54 AM

Praying for Germaine.
Lord have mercy...Mary, pray.

Sandy
November 1, 2019 at 09:54 AM

Eleanor, I will offer prayers for your sister Germaine and you. Sandy

November 1, 2019 at 09:49 AM

Eleanor I will pray for your sister Germaine right now and then during Mass
Ken

Eleanor Pierre
November 1, 2019 at 09:39 AM

G.M.Living Faith Family.I am asking you all to pray for my sister Germaine Wickham who is intensive care at the moment .Thank You