October 1, 2019
St. Therese of the Child Jesus
Noticing the Difference
In those days ten men of every nationality, speaking different tongues, shall take hold, yes, take hold of every Jew by the edge of his garment and say, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."
Zechariah 8:23
Groups of women were scattered about a restaurant, all dressed in similar bohemian-type outfits and each sporting some kind of brimmed hat. They certainly got my attention. A short time later, driving near a concert venue, I figured it out+--a Fleetwood Mac concert. And they were all dressed in honor of Stevie Nicks. Got it. The prophet describes a future time in which the gentiles, attracted by what they've seen and heard from God's people, follow them to fullness of life with the Lord. It's something we're all called to, isn't it? We are to live in the world in such a way that those who see us notice that there's something different, something distinctive, something life-giving--and they'll want to come along.
Loving God, may your light shine through my actions today.

- Amy Welborn

Zechariah 8:20-23|Psalm 87:1-7|Luke 9:51-56

Comments

October 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Mass is the Eucharist....mass is a large body of matter. A capital M is always necessary. A capital M marks the importance and sanctity of the word itself.
PEACE on this beautiful day.....I always use capital letters in the entire word when I am speaking of the kind that comes with Christ...just my own thing.
rjd

October 1, 2019 at 09:57 AM

Amen:)

October 1, 2019 at 09:57 AM

Tim, Vicky Patricia L Carol and Brian D.
I am praying for you heading to mass and will keep you guys in my mind. when I return I will be able to spend more time praying Ken

October 1, 2019 at 09:35 AM

Amen. :)

October 1, 2019 at 08:40 AM

Good Morning Living Faith Family.

Let us give our troubles, worries to the lord. Spend some quality time with him in prayer today. Put him first in your life.

Please continue to pray for me to not add worry to my life and know God has a plan for each one of us.

I also am praying for all of our Living Faith Family.

Ken, special prayers for you, Kathy and your entire family, during this very difficult time in your lives.

kjc
October 1, 2019 at 01:00 PM

Tim Tillie Salina Brian Patricia L Liz Mike E Salina
you guys are in my prayers. All the Living Faith Family I also have a site that I frequent and read and pray for their requests. The podcasts are super and Christopher Castagnoli has answered question for me. address is https://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/ Ken

October 1, 2019 at 08:20 AM

Amen...

October 1, 2019 at 07:22 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father most of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen