Catholic Bible Press
Catholic Bible Press
August 15, 2019
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
From this day all generations will call me blessed: the Almighty has done great things for me and holy is his Name.
Luke 1:48-49
Sometimes I try to imagine my Christian faith without Mary, and I can't. She provides the answer to the question of how to respond to Jesus--which is the central question of the spiritual life. She teaches me how to welcome Jesus into my life, how to be taught by him, how to say yes, how to live in hope. And here, in the Magnificat, offered for meditation on the feast of the Assumption, the beginnings of Mary's earthly life with Jesus are linked to her earthly end. All the good she's experienced? It's from God. He's done this for her, he's dwelt within her, he welcomes her home with him. In hope, I follow her, welcoming, listening and trusting--all the way home.
Hail Mary, full of grace....

- Amy Welborn

Revelation 11:19; 12:1-6, 10|Psalm 45:10-12, 16|1 Corinthians 15:20-27|Luke 1:39-56

Comments

August 15, 2019 at 07:04 PM

Barbara and Tillie
I walk around my neighborhood every morning
And pray the rosary. It brings me peace for my
Day. Meditating on the mysteries brings me hope.
Jesus mercies are new every morning.
Peace

August 15, 2019 at 01:18 PM

Thank you Amy for your devotion.

Dear Blessed Mother, please lead me and guide me to your son, Jesus, to trust Him, have faith in Him and to love Him with my whole heart. Help me to have a better and stronger relationship with Your Son. Amen.

God bless our Living Faith Family and continued prayers for all.

August 15, 2019 at 11:56 AM

My first line of defense in any kind of stress is my Rosary. It is the best sleep aid, comfort in sad times, rejoicing in good times. Recently my daughter was taking her son to his college for freshman orientation. They had to fly around terribly thunder storms. She didn't have her Rosary handy, but she had 10 fingers. Yes, the tradition continues.

Tomorrow, he and his dad will drive him there to begin his freshman year. His mom and I will Rosary them all the way there.

Hail Mary, full of grace....

Barbara

Tillie
August 15, 2019 at 01:21 PM

Barbara,

I too say the Holy Rosary often. It gives me great comfort, hope and joy to me and my heart.

August 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for your prayers for Lucia she is feeling better from her stomach infection.

August 15, 2019 at 09:53 AM

My God, I believe, I adore,I hope and I love you.
I ask pardon of you for those who do not believe,
Do not adore, do not hope and do not love you.
This is the prayer the Angel said when he appeared
To Lucia, Francisco, Jacinta in Fatima Portugal.
Lord Jesus please guide me to live a simple and holy
Life like these saints.
Have a holy day Today Living Faith Family.
Our Lady please pray
For Peace in the world
Amen

August 15, 2019 at 09:37 AM

August 15, 2019 at 09:06 AM

Hail Mary, we are truly blessed. T be able to know you, trust in you, help communicate our needs to your son.

Help us today to continue to do the right things in our lives.

Let us make the right choices as you did.

Increase our faith.

Dear mother of God, pray for us today, watch over us and be with our Living Faith Family when we come to you and your son with our prayers.

August 15, 2019 at 08:58 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family . Thank you Holy Father most of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, now and forever. Amen

August 15, 2019 at 08:46 AM

The Almighty has done great things for me and Holy is his Name.

August 15, 2019 at 07:33 AM

Tillie
August 15, 2019 at 03:07 PM

Eleanor, I pray that God will give you the patience to continue to work with your grandson in correcting him so he can grow up to be a wonderful young man. May God fill your grandson with His holy spirit.

Gayle
August 15, 2019 at 02:12 PM

May God calm his spirit!

Cindy A
August 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Eleanor, your grandson and all his family are in my prayers. May you come to find peaceful solutions and consequences for inappropriate and exaggerated outbursts. May this little one know the gentle and confident love of our Mother Mary, and may all of you be filled with the Holy Spirit as you mentor Christ's love and patience.

A parent, social worker and school teacher...in Christ
Cindy A

August 15, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Eleanor that's what 6 year olds do. I will for him and you right now Ken

Eleanor Pierre
August 15, 2019 at 09:37 AM

Good morning living family. I would like you all to help me pray for my grandson who is six years old and has a very bad temperament and doesn't like to be corrected he gets into a tantrum.
I