June 29, 2019
Sts. Peter and Paul
Rescue Squad
Now I know for certain that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod...
Acts 12:11
Such incredible, fantastic stories we have today! Peter is promised the keys to heaven, he's rescued from the death penalty by an angel, Paul recalls being "rescued from the lion's mouth" (2 Timothy 4:17) and is about to get his "crown of righteousness" (verse 8). Pretty amazing stuff! It almost feels unreal. Only, it is real. These were very real ways in which God's will was carried out. While we may not need to be rescued from persecution, sadly, Christians are still being persecuted around the world. Why they are not all miraculously rescued, we can't know. But we should have no doubt that they, and we, are loved by God. Every one of us, according to the teachings of our faith, have an angel of the Lord helping us every second of the day. We can only guess at the number of times that God and his angels have rescued us in our everyday lives. When you think about it, that's pretty incredible!

- Terence Hegarty

Acts 12:1-11|Psalm 34:2-9|2 Timothy 4:6-8, 17-18|Matthew 16:13-19

Comments

June 29, 2019 at 02:46 PM

Amen. :)

June 29, 2019 at 02:24 PM

Ken! What a Gift from God...45 years of marriage!
Congratulations!

I pray this is a day of pure joy and feeling good!
Haven't stopped praying for you and Kathy, this is
a journey that has some left turns that catch you unaware.
Thank God for our Guardian Angels!

I am truly blessed...I have TWO!
And I know this how...because one couldn't handle my guardianship alone! I have had a tendency to take a few left turns! Somehow I make it back to where I should be!

Peace, Courage and Hope to you and Kathy.
God Bless y'all real good! And, He has!

June 29, 2019 at 01:31 PM

Thank you Terence for for your devotion and for reminding me of our Guardian Angels.

Thank you Lord for providing us with our Guardian Angels to look over us and protect us. Amen.

Patricia, I'll pray that God will send you a miracle by providing you with the financial aid that you need to survive and retire.

Happy 45th wedding Anniversary Ken to you and your wife. Continued prayers for Kathy's recovery and for the Lord to give you strength.

God Bless our Living Faith Family.

Patricia L.
June 29, 2019 at 09:31 PM

Thank you Tillie for your prayers, I hope and pray God does send me a miracle to survive and retire. God is my God of hope and life.
God bless you,

June 29, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Prayers for you Patricia.

June 29, 2019 at 11:50 AM

I'm asking for the LF family prayers that I so desperately need. I pray 24/7 to God for his mercy and love to save me and let me survive. I'm 74 yrs old and I work 2 jobs, one doing office cleanings, labs, conference rooms, and bathrooms (10 per day) 275,000 sq. ft.,

Then I also clean a house mansion 2 mornings per week. I've worked these jobs for the past 12 yrs. They take advantage of me and I know it, but I need the $ to survive and keep my credit good and pay my debts. My rent is high and if your credit isn't good, you won't be able to move into another apt. I'm so stressed out and tired, my health isn't good , but there's nothing I can do about it, just hope for a better day. I keep praying to God to let me retire- each and every day I ask. At 74yrs. old it's hard to find another job. The office cleaning job wants to let me go because I walked into meeting that was going on (I just opened the door alittle bit) then said I'm sorry and closed it. the sign on outside of door said VACANT.
First it said occupied(2 times) so you move on, then the last time it said vacant, but the meeting was still going on. I keep hoping and praying everyday that God hears my prayers and blesses me with enough financial aid so I can retire, get my health back and live in peace. Thank you, Patricia L.

Elizabeth M.
June 30, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Prayers for you Patricia. You have paid your dues and deserve a little peace. It will come, believe. In the meanwhile, contact your local Catholic Charities office and apply for senior housing. In NYC they are giving these houses to many illegal, undocumented immigrants, some of whom have just arrived here. Please stand firm, apply, and know your rights. God bless.

June 29, 2019 at 11:29 AM

My bible study group was discussing guardian angels one day and one of the ladies told us we could ask our angel his or her name. I did and feel we have a closer, more personal relationship now.

June 29, 2019 at 10:27 AM

Thank you Heavenly Father for sending your guardian angels upon us each day. Thank you also for the 45 years of marriage of Ken and Kathy. May you continue to bring love and many more anniversaries to them, and bring healing to Kathy and strength to Ken each and every day. Please bless our LFF and their love ones with all their needs. Amen

June 29, 2019 at 09:28 AM

Guardian Angels, I say prayers for them everyday to protect our kids, my wife and myself.

I truly believe they are assigned by our loving God and protect us from a lot of’s, wow that was close did you see that or that was truly my guardian angel looking out for me.

Prayers for our Living Faith Family.

Amen

June 29, 2019 at 09:17 AM

Happy Anniversary Ken to you and your wife. Prayers for the both of you and extra prayers for your wife’s recovery from her treatments. May she continue to improve and the both of you continue to have many more anniversaries. Amen

June 29, 2019 at 09:09 AM

AMEN :)

June 29, 2019 at 08:00 AM

Yes, many times in my 72 years on earth God has sent his Angels to protect me and my family. Thinking of you today Ken and your wife Kathy on your 45th wedding anniversary may you have many more and I pray for courage and healing for you both in this particularly difficult time God Bless you

June 29, 2019 at 09:59 AM

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Going to work with the Vietnam veterans this morning Kathy is sleeping until the afternoon. Praying for all the living faith family. Ken

June 29, 2019 at 07:46 AM

I was caught in a riptide and the lifeguard didn't see me. A man and his daughter suddenly were there with a blowup ring to help me back. When I got back on land, I couldn't find them. I believe they were angels or, at least, people acting as God's hands on Earth.