June 4, 2019
Sharing Burdens
Blessed day by day be the [uc]Lord[/uc],
who bears our burdens...
Psalm 68:20
The man who was driving me to the airport after one of my speaking engagements started talking, out of the blue, about all the people in all the other cars on the road. "Isn't it amazing" he mused, "that every person out there has a story, a journey that they're on?" Which is something I think about all the time myself and could connect with. My hairdresser shared, out of the blue, that the guy she's dating is a widower with a child and what a struggle that is--something I can directly relate to. Then she started talking about her mother's family tussling over their grandparents' estate. I've experienced the estate part, if not the tussling, and I think what I had to offer might have helped the situation. Connections are everywhere, and as we discover those connections and share our experiences, we work with the Lord, sharing each other's burdens.
Lord, work through me, I pray, to help others bear their burdens today.

- Amy Welborn

Acts 20:17-27|Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21|John 17:1-11

Comments

June 4, 2019 at 04:56 PM

Lovely Amy.
Prayers for all off you dear brothers
And sisters.
Please Lord open my eyes ears heart to
Help your people.

June 4, 2019 at 02:30 PM

Thank you Amy for your devotion, it's so fitting for today.

Thank you so very much my Living Faith Family for your prayers and for your supporting and comforting words! You are a Blessing from God, "a ray of sunshine". I thank God for putting you in my life.

I'm sorry I'm feeling down lately. I live alone and just when I was feeling like I have no one to share my feelings and troubles with, My Living Faith Family pulls through. I'm glad I asked for your prayers. Thank you!

'Sharing Burdens'

"Isn't it amazing", "that every person out there has a story, a journey that they're on?". It's a wonderful thing to connect and share our experiences.

I continue to pray for all of us, my Living Faith Family.

Liz
June 4, 2019 at 06:44 PM

Never alone Tillie, prayers and love.

June 4, 2019 at 01:43 PM

Tillie Pat Tim I am at Roswell park waiting for my wife to complete her treatment. I will pray for you all the living faith family. Right now Ken

June 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Dearest Tillie- I too enjoy reading your encouraging words to others and appreciate your prayers for all of us . One of our steadfast prayer warriors! Thankyou. My prayer for you is that all of your physical, emotional and spiritual needs will be met and overflowing by our loving Father. Take care.

June 4, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Tillie,
Pray this day finds you feeling the weight of your heart lifting.
Hold tight to the times God saw you through life challenges,
and know that He will do it again...and again.
God Bless you and all who you love.

June 4, 2019 at 10:27 AM

Yes, "Blessed day by day be the Lord, Who bears our burdens;" Amen! (Psalm 68:20a)

How? Psalm 68:20b-21, "
* God, Who is our salvation.
* God is a saving God for us;
* the LORD, my Lord, controls the passageways of death."

Sometimes when I shared others problems, I took them on myself! Now I see it is not me who share the burden, but the Lord Himself!!! I am just a conduit...

This is how Paul shared the burdens of the people in Asia, Acts 20:20-21, "
* I did not at all shrink from telling you what was for your benefit,
* or from teaching you in public or in your homes.
* I earnestly bore witness for both Jews and Greeks to repentance before God and to faith in our Lord Jesus."

Paul did not carried the burdens himself in Acts 20:26-27, "
* And so I solemnly declare to you this day
* that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you,
* for I did not shrink from proclaiming to you the entire plan of God."

Yes, Amy! "We work with the Lord, sharing each other's burdens!" Pointing them to the One and Only Who's carries them all!!! Amen!

June 4, 2019 at 10:01 AM

Good morning Tillie, I pray God gives you the rest you need to restore and renew your spirit and your body!

* Jude 1:17-19, "But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit."
* 2 Peter 3:3, "Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires."
* Isaiah 43:2-3a, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God!"

Oceans by Hillsong United

June 4, 2019 at 09:48 AM

June 4, 2019 at 09:44 AM

Our daily walk with Christ, is about sharing our love for one another, and helping each other no matter if the situation is good and bad.

Hear our prayers for our Living Faith Family and their families.

Please provide them with the strength, comfort and hugs they need today.

Put him first and see the transformation.

Amen

annie
June 5, 2019 at 12:21 AM

AMEN!!

Lia
June 4, 2019 at 09:49 AM

June 4, 2019 at 09:27 AM

June 4, 2019 at 08:14 AM

Amen. Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father most of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner.Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen

June 4, 2019 at 07:52 AM

Thank you Amy for this inspiration.

May the Holy Spirit speak through all of us to help bear each others burdens.

Tillie, I offer my prayers for you today.

June 4, 2019 at 05:41 AM

Well said Amy, often our story, our empathy, our willingness to just listen can be so supportive and encouraging. With or without direct contact pray. The realisation that we are not alone in facing challenges gives us hope. We are all on the journey of life, each a part of the community that is the body of Christ