April 10, 2019
Lenten Weekday
Eternal Truth
...you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32
In these days of "fake news", what is [i]truth[/i]? Is it the truth I see through my ego lens, the truth I have manipulated to justify my actions and suit my pleasure? Is truth the judgment I place on others, according to my criteria? The truth of which Jesus speaks in today's gospel is a deeper truth. One of love, mercy and right relationship. The truth is, those who disagree with us are equally, abundantly loved by God. The truth is, those who choose a different lifestyle, wear a different skin and are outside the Church are also his beloved children. Always and everywhere, creation (that includes us!) is in need of a savior, Jesus Christ, to transform us back to the freedom of God's truth. As shown by his life, a path of both sorrow and joy, Jesus leads us to eternal life in the Trinity. Stay steady in the truth of the paschal mystery and you will be set free!

- Jennifer Christ

Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95|Daniel 3:52-56|John 8:31-42

Comments

April 10, 2019 at 06:51 PM

Praying for Luke and Patrick. God be with them!

April 10, 2019 at 05:03 PM

Jennifer, thank you for your devotion.

In today's reading, God performed a miracle by sending his angel to save Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, from the white-hot furnace because they were loyal to God, our Lord, and they truly trusted Him.

In today's Gospel, Jesus says: "If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

God wants to be loyal, to trust Him fully and to persevere in His "word", "the Holy Scriptures," and We will know the truth. Do this and he will set us "free". Free from our enemies and from sin.

God Bless the Living Faith Family!

April 10, 2019 at 02:22 PM

Ken, rest assured God is watching over little Luke. He will not abandon him, for he is His creation.

April 10, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Ken, I have prayed for your little Luke that God will guide the surgeons hands and for a quick, uneventful recovery. Bless his little heart.

April 10, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Lord, help me to always see and speak the "real" truth so that I may be free.

A beautiful blessed day to all.

April 10, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Ken
Please Lord be with little Luke this morning
as he is having surgery.
Our God is an Ossom God
Amen

Brian D.
April 10, 2019 at 01:35 PM

I pray that God guides the surgeons for Luke. Amen!

April 10, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Thank you Jennifer.
Lead me Lord in good relationships where
Peace love and joy abide abundantly.
Prayers for the living faith family.

April 10, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Folks please pray for my grandson Luke he's having surgery on his adenoids this morning. He is only three but a real trooper. Ken

Tillie
April 10, 2019 at 05:10 PM

Ken, I'll keep your grandson, Luke, in my prayers.

Bill, I will also your grandson, Patrick, in my prayers.

God, please be with these two good little troopers. Let everything work out miraculously well for them. Amen.

Bill
April 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Ken, I am praying for Luke right now...I saw this prayer request and ask for prayers for my grandson Patrick (4) who is having ear tubes taken out this morning. Heavenly Father we pray that you cover both Luke and Patrick with your Most Precious Blood, and we ask Our Blessed Mother to place her most Immaculate Hands over the doctors and nurses. We ask all this in Jesus Name and we thank you Father for this beautiful gift of prayer. God Bless,
Bill

Sandy
April 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM

Ken, I will say a prayer for you grandson's healing and comfort.

April 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM

AMEN, for sure.

Still being faithful by not judging others, that is left for Jesus.

Keep me focused on being a better person and keeping to my Lenten journey.

Prayers from China for my Living Faith Family.

Amen

April 10, 2019 at 09:52 AM

April 10, 2019 at 09:17 AM

As Jennifer states, "[The truth is] love, mercy and right relationship." I agree. But for me, the truth encapsulates all those aspects into a peace and communion with God! That is the deeper truth that sets me free.

April 10, 2019 at 08:15 AM

That's the compass point to aim for. Just set your sight and steer yourself through all the challenges of life focusing on God's message and not your own opinion. In the end only his counts.