Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
Living Faith - Bayard Faith Resources
February 27, 2019
Remaining a Stranger?
She walks with him as a stranger,
and at first she puts him to the test.
Sirach 4:17
"She" is Wisdom here, personified in the Book of Sirach as a female presence, accompanying, teaching, testing. This particular image is striking to me: Wisdom approaches, but is unrecognized. How true this is, how realistic. It takes time to understand what God wants us to see through our experiences. If I forget that, and let my emotions and limited vision of the moment control my judgment, Wisdom might, indeed, remain a stranger after all.
God of Wisdom, in this quiet moment, I consider my day. Be with me and teach me.

- Amy Welborn

Sirach 4:11-19|Psalm 119:165, 168, 171-172, 174-175|Mark 9:38-40

Comments

February 27, 2019 at 02:55 PM

How beautiful!

February 27, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Thank you Amy for inspiration today.

It is hard to see and understand what God wants you to know through your experiences.

February 27, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Amen

February 27, 2019 at 09:11 AM

February 27, 2019 at 08:39 AM

Dear Lord Jesus, please hear my prayer for additional Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding, so that I may continue to support my family. Also so that I may be a great role model to others and share your word with others.

Prayers for all of our Living Faith Family.

Amen

Brian D
February 27, 2019 at 01:35 PM

annie
February 27, 2019 at 11:24 AM

AMEN!

February 27, 2019 at 08:09 AM

Interesting topic this morning! I learn what I find https://www.gotquestions.org/wisdom-knowledge.html

"Question: "What is wisdom? What is the difference between wisdom and knowledge?"

Answer: Wisdom and knowledge, both recurring themes in the Bible, are related but not synonymous. The dictionary defines wisdom as “the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting.” Knowledge, on the other hand, is “information gained through experience, reasoning, or acquaintance.” Knowledge can exist without wisdom, but not the other way around. One can be knowledgeable without being wise. Knowledge is knowing how to use a gun; wisdom is knowing when to use it and when to keep it holstered.

God wants us to have knowledge of Him and what He expects of us. In order to obey Him, we have to have knowledge of the commands. But as equally important as having knowledge is having wisdom. Knowing facts about God and the Bible is not all there is to wisdom. Wisdom is a gift from God. James 1:5 states, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” God blesses us with wisdom in order for us to glorify Him and use the knowledge we have of Him."

* Proverbs 1:7, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
* Ecclesiastes 2:26, "To the person who pleases Him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner He gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God."
* 1 Corinthians 1:25, "This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength."

Google provides knowledge and college professors have knowledge, but wisdom is discernment from above when we ask God!

Knowledge says Jesus is the way and the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father the God except through Jesus (John 14:6). Wisdom from above tells me Jesus is my only way to eternity and He has paid the way. I will live in that knowledge and His wisdom with peace and love and discernment!

Thank You, Jesus! There is no one I go to with my situations but You and You alone! You Name is above all names in heaven, on earth and under the sea! And that at the Name of Jesus my knees should bow, and my tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:9-11). Only the Holy Spirit can impart wisdom in my life as He teaches me everything and reminds me of everything You have said (John 14:26)! Amen!

Kathy
February 27, 2019 at 11:15 AM

Amen. Thank you for sharing this wisdom.

February 27, 2019 at 08:05 AM

Angela Harrigan Respond to comment
February 27, 2019 at 07:56 AM

I Love you God,our heavenly Father Thank you for loving us, for Jesus the Christ your son, our Lord and Savior. I trust in You and praise You always!!! Again, Thank you my Lord and my God!!! Have mercy on me and forgive me my sins, please give me your wisdom and discernment.

February 27, 2019 at 05:05 AM

Amen! Thank you Holy Father for this beautiful day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father most of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me a sinner. Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, King of Endless Glory. Amen