November 23, 2018
St. Clement I; St. Columban; Bl. Miguel Agust+n Pro
May I Have Your Attention?
...they could find no way to accomplish their purpose because all the people were hanging on his words.
Luke 19:48
News is everywhere, and it's a blessing and a curse. Information is good, but the sheer amount of it can lead to bad habits--like headline surfing. I glance at a headline, decide that's enough and quickly move on. Familiar Bible stories can bring out the same response. Prodigal Son? Got it. Moses? Check. What's next? What I find, though, is that when I take time to actually re-read those supposedly familiar narratives, I always find something new. So with John's narrative of Jesus in the Temple, these words brought me up short. I had never paid attention to them before, and now I can't shake them. Those who wanted to do harm couldn't do so because the people were so attentive to Jesus. What if I were more deeply attentive to Jesus' words? What harm might be frustrated, what good might find space to flourish?
Jesus, turn my heart and attention to you.

- Amy Welborn

Revelation 10:8-11|Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131|Luke 19:45-48

Comments

November 23, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Praying for your mom and your family
Jesus we trust in you
Amen

November 23, 2018 at 03:52 PM

November 23, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Debbie, prayers sent and your Living Faith Family is always there as is Jesus, right now.

Feel his presence in his word today, know that he has his loving arms around your mom this very minute.

Dear Jesus, not only hug your servant Doris but reach out these loving arms around Debbie and her entire family, during their hour of need.

May the power of the Holy Spirit and Jesus’s loving arms embrace you now.

Amen

November 23, 2018 at 11:24 AM

Debbie,
Know that your LF Family has your Mom, Doris, and YOU and your family tight in our prayers. I’ve been learning more and more how to put my trust in God.
He’s got this Debbie.
God Bless y’all!

November 23, 2018 at 09:57 AM

May the healing hands of our Heavenly Father be upon Doris and her family.
Amen

November 23, 2018 at 09:43 AM

I will keep Doris in my prayers.

November 23, 2018 at 08:44 AM

Heavenly Father, you placed Doris with her mom in her time of need. We thank you for that blessing. Guide the medical professionals who care for Doris's mom to help her heal. Give the entire family strength, and confidence in your abundant love and power as they support their loved one in her healing. Amen.

November 23, 2018 at 07:45 AM

Prayers for your mom.

November 23, 2018 at 02:09 AM

please pray for my mom doris we were eating together on thansgiving and my mom had a stroke she is in icu they gave her a clot buster she had a blood clot on brain now we have to make sure she dos not get a bleed out on brain my heart is so broken jesus i trust in you

Esther
November 23, 2018 at 02:48 PM

The Lord works in mysterious ways. You were with your dear mom when she could have been alone when she had her stroke. I know it's hard but always have faith that the Lord is there for you. Prayers for a quick recovery and for you and your family to be strong and feel love. "Lord, thank you for all that we have and for family. Ask for your healing for Doris and her family. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Arthur
November 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM

Entrusting your mother Doris into the Immaculate Heart of our Blessed Mother for her intercession to our Lord for mercy and quick healing. I am thankful you and family were with her so that she could immediately have access to health care and family prayers.
Lord Jesus, I trust in You.

kjc
November 23, 2018 at 11:31 AM

I am praying for you and your mom right now.
Ken

Sandy
November 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM

I pray for healing and comfort for you and your mother.

Dorothy
November 23, 2018 at 10:35 AM

Praying for your mom and your family.

Lia
November 23, 2018 at 08:43 AM

Prayers for Doris.

Joann
November 23, 2018 at 06:41 AM

Prayers for you mom

JJC
November 23, 2018 at 06:34 AM

Father of Life, I pray for Doris,this morning. Here's an emergency situation,but we believe and trust in Your own timing Father. As You take over this situation dear God,may You grant Doris complete restoration and for her family peace of mind and heart. For this we pray to you Father. Amen

William Fabian
November 23, 2018 at 03:23 AM

I pray for Doris that God's healing hand will touch her so that she'll be restored to full health - In Jesus' mighty Name I pray. Amen