- Amy Welborn
Lord , please do help me with my problems. I couldn't do it alone. I need your holy presence. I almost lost my faith in you. No matter how strong I am at this point in time I need you so badly. Please embrace me with holy presence. I want you to hug me me and show me your miracles. Prayer warriors please pray for me.
Thank you Lord for the blessing of Life.
Thank you Lord for your Love and gifts that you give us all, health,faith, family,love,shelter,food and friendship and all your other gifts that you alone provide. Amen
Thank you Amy, for you inspiration today!
Yes, Amy! "Grow in His image" so I will be more like Christ, little christ, Christian!
Jesus called Peter when He first started His earthly ministry before the cross:
* Matthew 4:19a, "Jesus said to them (Peter and Andrew), “Follow Me."
* Mark 1:17a, "And Jesus said to them (Peter and Andrew), “Follow Me,"
Jesus restated twice Peter's calling after His resurrection:
* John 21:19b, "He (Jesus) said to him (Peter) “Follow Me.”
* John 21:22b, "You (Peter) follow Me (Jesus)!”
How do we do the same in following Jesus today?
* Matthew 16:24, "Then Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me."
* Mark 8:34, "He (Jesus) said to them (His disciples), “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me."
* Luke 9:23, "And He (Jesus) said to all (His disciples), “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
* Matthew 19:21, "Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
* Mark 10:21, "And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
* Luke 18:22, "He (Jesus) said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
* I know it is of extreme importance when the event is mentioned in three Gospels.
1. Go after Jesus!
2. Deny myself.
3. Take up my daily cross.
4. Follow Jesus!
* What can prevent me from following Jesus?
1. My earthly treasure! Why?
2. Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
3. Luke 12:334, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
What is preventing me from following Jesus daily and grow in His image? What earthly treasure am I holding on to? My worries? My self-pity? My to-do list? My chores? My children? My husband? My relationships? My job? My bank account? My investments? My home? My car? My name sake? My popularity? My........fill in the blanks!
Lord Jesus, You are my all in all! There is no other! It is not easy to put You to be the center of my life with so many earthly distractions :-( Holy Spirit, come! Teach me everything and remind me of all Jesus told me so I can follow Him daily, Amen!
Thank you Amy.
I am so happy to be Catholic!
Amen! Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ now and forever. Thank you Holy Father for this day and for today's Gospel. Thank you Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father most of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness and reconciliation. Please Lord have mercy. Amen
"Here, here Amy!"
As you said, "I praise you....
"I'll continue with ....I bless you, I adore you, I glorify you,
I give you thanks for
Your great glory....Jesus!"
Thanks for all you do Amy!
Have a wonderful day.
Living Faith provides brief daily Catholic devotions based on one of the Mass readings of the day. Published new each quarter, these reflections are written by women and men from a variety of backgrounds - lay people as well as clergy and religious. Learn more.
Receive a free reflection for Sundays every week via email
© 2023 Creative Communications for the Parish, a division of Bayard, lnc. All Rights Reserved.
Keeping you in prayer Diovis!! God is with you watching over you!! He will provide you all the strength you need just trust in him!! God bless!!