June 10, 2015
Filled With Gratitude
Extol the [uc]Lord[/uc], our God,
and worship at his holy mountain;
for holy is the [uc]Lord[/uc], our God.
Psalm 99:9
I have never climbed a real mountain and have no strong desire to. But I have ambled among hills, some of which might come close to being mountains and sometimes feel that way, depending on what kind of shape I'm in. My memories of these walks and sort-of climbing experiences is the exertion, struggle and breathlessness and maybe even a little pain, all of which disappears once you reach your goal. And there you stand, the difficulties receding into the past, the present laid out before you as far as you can see. Filled with gratitude for the mystery of being here, the only thing your heart even wants to express is "thank you."
Lord God, you are holy.

- Amy Welborn

2 Corinthians 3:4-11|Psalm 99:5-9|Matthew 5:17-19

Comments

June 10, 2015 at 04:55 PM

"Teach me your paths my God, and guide me to your truths "Loving Jesus, show me how to answer the call for help I received today. Always to your praise and glory Lord Amen.

June 10, 2015 at 03:22 PM

I can not imagine what my life would be like without HIS guidance and love.

June 10, 2015 at 02:42 PM

Thank you Lord for all the chances you have given me throughout my life.

June 10, 2015 at 11:26 AM

As hard as it may be,every hurdle presents us with an opportunity to praise God. For he sees the whole picture and we only see a snippet. Thank you, Jesus, for this trial. May it bring us closer to You and give You glory.

June 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Amen! :)

June 10, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Thank you God for such an inspiring devotion this morning and for all of the words of wisdom in the comments. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and prayers with the rest of us!

June 10, 2015 at 06:58 AM

Amen, Dennis. Where would we be without a God who so generously forgives and sends us on our way to do it better next time.

June 10, 2015 at 06:01 AM

Thank you, Jesus.

June 10, 2015 at 05:55 AM

You are a God of second chances. Thanks be to God.

June 10, 2015 at 05:15 AM

Thank you Lord for all your gifts and lessons. Help me Lord. Amen

June 10, 2015 at 04:52 AM

Thank you Lord Jesus for giving us the opportunities we have in our life to show others the love, compassion and forgiveness you have shown us. Amen

June 10, 2015 at 04:17 AM

He never said it would be easy to attain His Kingdom!

June 9, 2015 at 11:33 PM