Christ have mercy on us please, Amen
Thank you Miguel for this inspiring devotion today!
So true, Miguel! Thank you for the reminder today :-)
Jesus said it in John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give to you, that
you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one
another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you
have love for one another.”
The only true sign of a Christian is by our love for others that the
world knows who we belong to, our Lord Jesus Christ!!!
The story of Babel tells me my efforts and pride will never reach heaven,
but only by the Grace of God coming down to earth to build that bridge of
The people in Babel weren't trying to reach God or heaven, listen to this
in Genesis 11:4, "Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city
and a tower with its top in the sky, and so make a name for ourselves;
otherwise we shall be scattered all over the earth."
Here is what they wanted: "so make a name for ourselves,"
Here is what they didn't want: "otherwise we shall be scattered all over
Their pride, self reliance and efforts didn't give them what they wanted
but what they didn't want instead!!!
Jesus said the same thing in today's Gospel, Mark 8:34-38, "
* Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross,
and follow Me.
* For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it,
* but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the Gospel will save
* What profit is there for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his
* What could one give in exchange for his life?
* Whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words in this faithless and sinful
* the Son of Man will be ashamed of when He comes in His Father's glory
with the holy angels."
It is the same lie of satan and the sin of pride from the
beginning....Genesis 3:4-5, "
* But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.
* For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened,
* and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
I am the same way most of the time just as Paul said in Romans 7:18-19,
* For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh.
* For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry
* For I do not do the good I want,
* but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing."
Have you ever seen billboard on the highway that says, "Whatever your
question is, the answer is Jesus!"
Well, Paul expressed the same answer long ago in Romans 7:25, "Thanks be
to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of
God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin."
"The LORD brings to nought the plans of nations; You foil the designs of
peoples. But the plan of the LORD stands forever; the design of Your
heart, through all generations. Blessed the people the Lord has chosen to
be His own. Blessed the nation whose God is the LORD, the people He has
chosen for his own inheritance." Amen! Let that be us, Lord!
Excellent once again Salina! From Babel to Pentecost...from God
through Jesus in the work of his Spirit to us...Praise the Holy
Miguel, you hit the nail right on the head. Thank you.
Thank you Miguel. Our world is still striving to build some kind of
tower of Babel, or many of them, because we're all doing our own thing.
You can tell by the mess we're in.
Putting the poor out on top would turn the world's values upside down.
And then, we would be right side up!
Beautifully stated, Miguel! Thank you.
Amen! Thank you Lord for this day and for today's Gospel. Thank you
Lord for my faith, my life and for my family. Thank you Holy Father most
of all for your great sacrifice and for the opportunity of forgiveness
and reconcilliation. Please Lord have mercy. Amen